1.5 Root

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
These people who do these things are incredibly intelligent in my opinion. It's awesome they were able to crack this cuz I know many have been working hard on it. Great job to them! Just when I thought my eris was was great with the 2.1 leak the devs are able to accomplish this and now I know that soon even more greatness will be coming our way for our phones! Many thanks and I look forward to them finding the exploit on the 2.1 leak as well!

jcase

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
The rooted rom seems fairly stable, I have been using it all day. Long as no new big developments happen over night, we will release it tomorrow.

DO NOT UPDATE TO 2.1

This rom will only work for 1.5 phones, but you will end up with a 2.1 rooted phone.

come chat

ircd.thefuzz4.net or irc.wastate.net

#droideris / #root / #dev

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking about it. Most likely will tomorrow. Only thing keeping me back tonight is the fact that i'm wondering if the official update will be worth the wait or not. But...i'm sure wanting to know what root is like will get the best of me :D

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking about it. Most likely will tomorrow. Only thing keeping me back tonight is the fact that i'm wondering if the official update will be worth the wait or not. But...i'm sure wanting to know what root is like will get the best of me :D

I'm with you. I usually jump all over leaks assuming someone out there will know how to help me should something go wrong or if something better comes along.

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Well, I rooted it today as expected ;) Seems to be working fine so far, although I have yet to figure out what I can do different with the root than the 2.1 leak...

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Well, I rooted it today as expected ;) Seems to be working fine so far, although I have yet to figure out what I can do different with the root than the 2.1 leak...

Have you noticed any speed difference? Are the stock apps like amazon mp3 still on there? I'd like to see them gone.