1.6 ghz

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Looks like this isn't 1.6GHz - from the dev's 1st post on XDA:

"It is missing a key component that is making Linpack give out bad readings, and we have a good idea to what the problem is. But, what's actually going on here is a lower clock speed acting like 1.6. This is why you are seeing frame-rate increases and overall performance increases. Once that code is put into place, you'll see it run even smoother for heavy processes. It has been stated, but actually running this at 1.6GHz would cause so much battery drain because it would require ridiculous voltage. So, we've met halfway. It is a 1600MHz step that DOES clock higher, but it's really closer to 1.4GHz."

I'm starting to doubt if it's even as high as 1.4GHz.

Reactions: dmlee

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Wow I think I might just end up using the baked kernel with this rom (syndicate) depending on battery

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't mean anything ... Hero's latest rom makes SetCPU say 2 GHZ doesn't mean anything. I like the ROM over the Baked Snack ROM, but not sure about the Kernel.

Really? I like the baked rom more but kept the kernel.

Heis: can you run a quadrant test And post your score with the syndicate rom and kernel.
I got 1225

HeisRisen

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hero_Over's Debunking 1.6 GHZ and proving his rom is faster than the first Extreme Kernel.

But the second Rom / Kernel Combo from Syndicate is faster than Hero_Over's best combo. Here are some screenies from my Epic 4g with the latest Syndicate Rom / Extreme Kernel combo.

snap20101105_214516.png

snap20101105_224450.png

snap20101105_224342.png

snap20101105_224226.png

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i installed version 1.0.1 this morning, and let me tell you, the 1.6ghz runs much faster and smoother then the 1.2ghz i was running before...

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I would give it a try if it had the Voodoo Color patch - I just can't go back to the blue screen tint and fuzzy text of the stock display configuration.

dmlee

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Hero_Over wrote:

he may have actually done it!!!! team whiskey was fake and his first kernel was fake. but i am actually seeing better performance and better benches now!!!! looks like hes done some good stuff. gunna make a kernel with it and see if i can replicate the results!

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
idk if it has voodoo or not. If you checked I believe you.
But I never noticed a difference switching between the 2.

Is voodoo in the roms or the kernels?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It's in the kernel. And I know this kernel doesn't have it because in the change log on XDA it says Voodoo Color was removed.

Check out the Voodoo Homepage to see comparison pics of before and after Voodoo.

HeisRisen

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
It's in the kernel. And I know this kernel doesn't have it because in the change log on XDA it says Voodoo Color was removed.

Check out the Voodoo Homepage to see comparison pics of before and after Voodoo.

The Dev's Explanation of Leaving Voodoo Color Out

"My current stance on VooDoo color:

I won't be adding it in anytime in the near future. While I see the benefit of it, it's something that I don't particularly like. I think the screen looks cleaner without it. Plus, I can't see how it could be affective across the board. All screen are different, so how can one fix work universally? Plus, those brightness tweaks that everyone talks about are included in here. They are part of an entirely different system. Voodoo was a color modification.

Now, in case anyone somehow missed it, v1.0.1 is posted. Here's a rundown:

-I've got 1.6GHz working. I added the code for it to properly step. It's running at 1.3v.
-I've stopped a process called Carrier IQ in the init.rc. This is, essentially, Sprint spyware used to gather data about your usage. TO ROM DEVS: You are going to want to remove the files from your ROM to make sure it doesn't start itself later. ACS has tested it and it doesn't seem to start again, but always on the safe side.

What's in the works:

-Adding a step/few steps between 1.2GHz and 1.6GHz. This should improve overall smoothness of the kernel.
-I'm going to up the voltage on 1.6GHz just a little. I *think* this is the cause of the vibration problem, but this is just a late-night theory.

I want to add that interactive seems to play well this kernel. I haven't played with it at all, but it doesn't seem to be ignoring mt minimum frequency settings like it was before. I don't know what's up with this. I suspect it has something to do with setting the defconfig minimum to 200MHz, but who knows. It doesn't drop to 100MHz, so it doesn't lock up... But that's just my experience. Because of this, I suggest interactive as your governor. I'll make it default for 1.0.4.

Thanks for your support and kind words, guys! It means a lot and keeps me going."

==========================================================

I have to go with his feelings on this, one thing I understand is how organic screens work and how an across the board tweak could not be consistent on all AMOLED screenes.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Have you ever tried it? When I hold my screen up next to my friend's vibrant or my brother's fascinate there is a noticeable improvement - their screens have a very blue tint and text is jagged in comparison.

But hey, maybe I just got lucky that it works wonders on my screen.

Sent by a little green robot

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
hmm i know what voodoo is and everything. but i just never noticed anything wrong with my screen looking blue or text being jagged.
i just opened up the app "places" cuz thats the only thing i can find with a white background - i just factory reset my phone because for some reason my clocks timing was off. i think it was an app because i wiped and then restored my apps and then it happened again. this time i wiped and am just installing apps one by one without restoring anything from titanium and its working fine.
But im holding it up to my computer screen - macbook pro - and i guess i see a little bit of a difference but not much. definitely not enough for me to notice and bug me

oh well to each his own

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If that's how you feel then don't look at the before and after pictures on the voodoo site, cause if you do you may start noticing :p

I didn't notice the blue tint as much as I did the jagged text when I first got my Epic.

HeisRisen

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
If that's how you feel then don't look at the before and after pictures on the voodoo site, cause if you do you may start noticing :p

I didn't notice the blue tint as much as I did the jagged text when I first got my Epic.

You do see that they are simulated before and after pictures (on voodoo's website)? You know they are not real pictures right? I would also like to point out that the displays of the devices you are comparing are night and day without voodoo color. There are color fixes that are as close to compliant as you can get already built into the Extreme kernel. The color changes he makes are more variance compliant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arlecchino