1-855-83-Nexus : The worst customer service experience ever!

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: 1-855-83-Neuxs : The worst customer service experience ever!

When Apple launched the iPad 2, anybody who purchased a first generation iPad within the last 14 days, was issued a $100 credit. It doesn't hurt to ask if Google had anything similar planned for customers who purchased the Galaxy Nexus in the last 14 days. There is nothing wrong with trying to get a deal, or asking a company for something. Worst case scenario, they say no. I'm not mad because I didn't get something for nothing, I'm simply irritated by the lack of knowledge and professionalism the rep had, and the arrogance of the supervisor. So, you can be "irritated to no end" by "people like me" but I am just somebody who expects a company like Google to give me the same respect that I give them, even if I am asking for something they are unable to do. It wasn't a case of somebody throwing a temper tantrum because they aren't getting what they want.

I have played this game with companies several times. You got your answer and continued to ask the same questions for over an hour like the answer would magically change. The fact that they stayed on the phone putting up with you that long speaks volumes and makes me think they have great service. You should have accepted the answer and stopped wasting everyone's time. And sense your ploy to get pander to fail you should have shrugged and gone on. Not gotten here and complained about bad customer service.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site

Dont get me wrong... but I used to be a server (waiter) at a huge restaurant on the las vegas strip (where I live) and the customers that I hated the most were the ones that tried to get everything for free. I hate to break it to you... but Companies need to make money... Thats how they made there money in the first place. They would lose money if they gave it away just to make you happy. And dont just think google magically made there money... lots of dedicated workers with hard work made that money over many years. you are hardly a stumbling block for them. but you certainly are a complainer.

I dont mean to sound mean. but its the way the world works. This story does not make me feel sorry for you... just sell the phone on ebay/craigslist and use that money to buy your nexus 4.... or maybe even your new iphone with "good" customer service.

btw.. Google was willing to buy your old nexus back but charge you a restock fee??? but apples $100 dollar credit was better?? Im sure you would have walked away with more than $100. So im not seeing the issue. They were working very hard to satisfy you. Also... if you like googles products... you are there fan... google is not a fan of you specifically. they just love there loyal customers and appreciate the business as a whole. Thats why they offer amazing products at low costs with the latest innovations.

I love google. I love the direction they are going in. I love there products. but not everyone is obligated. I am sorry you had a bad expierence. but pick up the pieces and move on.

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

The restocking fee is no big deal. The big deal is it takes 60 days for a refund. Googke play store is great as long as yiu don't want a return

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Must be nice to spend money on whatever you want. You were asking for too much. Throwing yourself around like a big shot. Why can't you be happy with what you have? If you have to have it then pay the restocking fee and be gracious about it. Companies have their policies. So tired of seeing ppl YRY to take advantage. Makes it difficult for those who have legitimate issues and not just cause they have to have the best all the damn time. I am grateful for the phone,tablet and laptop I have. I am.pleased with my Verizon service. I would never think of taking advantage. I sold wireless and ppl like you made my job difficult. And those that were sincere made the job worthwhile.
There are ppl losing their homes and jobs and you are whining about wanting new devices.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums