1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

ocostich

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Just out curiousity, did you watch the video on how the glass used on the GN was manufactured? And some of the scratching & abuse they subject it to in testing. It doesn't have to say "Gorilla", in order to be tough. Granted, it's not a Corning product but that crap looked durable as anything else, to say the least.

Here's a clue to what may be on the front of the Galaxy Nexus

http://www.scp.samsung.com/

Sure looks like a Samsung Corning joint venture to me.

kgirl808

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I can not beleave that the Rezound has got over looked and not been promoted at all, I can not also see that some sites picked GN as the phone of the year ! but better for new comers can pick it up cheaper. I am one so glad that I got the Rezound and thanks to people on this forum for helping me to get the most out of my phone

The Rezound speaks for itself :p

Its too bad though that alot more people haven't caught on, its really a good phone. But people flock to everything that is hyped up due to the way they are advertised. I have to admit, when I first saw the commercial for the Rezound and didn't know anything about the phone I thought I didn't want to trade out my TB because it only focused about Beats Audio but I decided to do more research and glad that I did. People complain that this phone is too big but yet I think the Nexus and the Razr are too wide, I guess its a matter of taste. I also hate the fact that the memory can't be expanded on the other 2 phones. @ least the battery can be switched on the Nexus.

Last edited:

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
People complain that this phone is too big but yet I think the Nexus and the Razr are too wide but I guess its a matter of taste. I also hate the fact that the memory can't be expanded on the other 2 phones. @ least the battery can be switched on the Nexus.

I found the GN to big for one hand operation, but I have small hands. Could barely reach the back key.
It just felt awkward

evetskirk

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all, new to forum. Reading through all these post has made my decision to go with the rezound a lot easier. Iove it. Came from galaxy fascinate.

Sent from my HTC rezound

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Im going this week to take a look at the Galaxy. Not looking to replace my Rezound but interested in it non the less.

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
People aren't picking the Nexus because it's better or has better hardware. People are picking it for the longevity of the lifespan and the Dev support. Trust me, the rezound will be on htcs back burner in a few months, but the Nexus will live on like the og Droid thanks to Dev support. If you look at the Nexus forums versus the rezound forums, you'll see what I mean.

I love the rezound and think it's the best phone out there, but as far as it lasting me 2 years with updates and support, the Nexus beats it.

Reactions: crzycrkr

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Another this phone is better than that phone. They are both nice devices. Glad you've found the one that works for you. Can't we all just get along. I happen to own both and both has it's pros and cons.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
My point being it wasn't stamped as Corning Gorilla Glass as a spec. on the Nexus. Corning made it very clear on Twitter, when they tweeted what would be on the GN would not be their popular GG product.

It doesn't matter. Its all the same, even though Corning will never admit it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: crzycrkr

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Another this phone is better than that phone. They are both nice devices. Glad you've found the one that works for you. Can't we all just get along. I happen to own both and both has it's pros and cons.
This. Both phones have their pros and cons. I got a GN on the 15th and my wife got a Rezound today as her present. Both phones have a lot to offer. I don't think that Sense is the devil, but I don't thing its the greatest thing since sliced break either. For the next 20 or so days we will be comparing these phones on two issues 1) battery Life and 2) signal strength. At the end of those 20 days will be making our minds as to which phone to keep.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Just out curiousity, did you watch the video on how the glass used on the GN was manufactured? And some of the scratching & abuse they subject it to in testing. It doesn't have to say "Gorilla", in order to be tough. Granted, it's not a Corning product but that crap looked durable as anything else, to say the least.

Yeah, I'm sure its just as tough, and just as well tested. Naysayers will argue differently, but they are in forums for every phone with Gorilla Glass too

zero.

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
This. Both phones have their pros and cons. I got a GN on the 15th and my wife got a Rezound today as her present. Both phones have a lot to offer. I don't think that Sense is the devil, but I don't thing its the greatest thing since sliced break either. For the next 20 or so days we will be comparing these phones on two issues 1) battery Life and 2) signal strength. At the end of those 20 days will be making our minds as to which phone to keep.

i would love to hear your final word on this. :)

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Wonder how much Samsung paid for that anti fingerprint glass (and yes, it works incredibly well) only to have the great majority, my guess anyway, cover it up with a screen protector. If I keep my Nexus, I'll put a shield on. Strange design decision. As is IMO putting two thick rows of on screen soft buttons on the bottom and a google bar (if removed becomes dead space) on the top. You have this huge phone and less screen real estate than a droidx or Rezound. ??? Now if you plan on rooting no problem but if you don't want to mess with that, it's a big bother IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

evetskirk

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I think cstmam has a very valid point, but the masses do not want to go through the growing pains and problems that are associated with the nexus. You should get what works for you now as all this will be changing at a rapid pace. I am not so sure Samsung will be the flagship product as Google has bought into Motorola anyway. Point being buy what you think will work for you.

Sent from my HTC rezound

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I think cstmam has a very valid point, but the masses do not want to go through the growing pains and problems that are associated with the nexus. You should get what works for you now as all this will be changing at a rapid pace. I am not so sure Samsung will be the flagship product as Google has bought into Motorola anyway. Point being buy what you think will work for you.

Sent from my HTC rezound

Exactly. I have the GN now, and the radios are killing me. I love ICS, but I also love being able to get a constant 4G connection in my house, which I currently can't get with the GN.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I didn't post this to bash the GN. Just giving my opinions in case it helps anyone who is trying to decide between the many phones available.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Couple of things:

1) Don't buy into the FUD some like to spread about Sense - it is far and away the best OEM Android implementation out there. It had smooth transitions and such before ICS brought in hardware acceleration, really nice Browser optimizations and even real ActiveSync baked in. I would also note that ICS is STILL having some stutter issues even with the graphics being hardware accelerated - I do expect however it will be fixed.

2) The Rezound is worlds over the GN in build quality. It is WELL built and feels that way. The GN is a victim of Samsung's fixation with plastic smartphones. It makes the phone lighter but also makes it feel cheap and flimsy. Samsung really needs to go to aluminum or another metal or carbonate casing.