1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
ThAt the end of those 20 days will be making our minds as to which phone to keep.
Just FYI... Verizon's no-worry-guarantee is 14 days, not 20, nor 30 (anymore).

Oh wait!!! I forgot about the holiday season special extension.... yes... sorry.

-Frank

Last edited:

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Well had a situation today that I have been looking for. We are vacationing in the mountains of Colorado. The wife's Rezound could get a 3G signal where I was lucky to get an EVDO /1X signal. for all of the outdoors activities we do that is a major issue. We'll have to test more in more remote areas to see if it was a unique situation, but that is one of the killers for me. We still havent been able to do a battery life comparison.

kgirl808

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Well had a situation today that I have been looking for. We are vacationing in the mountains of Colorado. The wife's Rezound could get a 3G signal where I was lucky to get an EVDO /1X signal. for all of the outdoors activities we do that is a major issue. We'll have to test more in more remote areas to see if it was a unique situation, but that is one of the killers for me. We still havent been able to do a battery life comparison.

I hear ya HES...where we currently live the coverage is pretty bad (no matter which provider) and my boyfriend has a Dinc2. While he gets a lot of drop calls, my Rezound on the other hand works great here and I have yet to experienced any drop calls.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Couple of things:

1) Don't buy into the FUD some like to spread about Sense - it is far and away the best OEM Android implementation out there. It had smooth transitions and such before ICS brought in hardware acceleration, really nice Browser optimizations and even real ActiveSync baked in. I would also note that ICS is STILL having some stutter issues even with the graphics being hardware accelerated - I do expect however it will be fixed.

2) The Rezound is worlds over the GN in build quality. It is WELL built and feels that way. The GN is a victim of Samsung's fixation with plastic smartphones. It makes the phone lighter but also makes it feel cheap and flimsy. Samsung really needs to go to aluminum or another metal or carbonate casing.

Interesting way of looking at things. Using your criteria, so long as a phone manufacturer uses enough weight in their phone and covers it with a shiny aluminum cover you are happy.

The use of plastic in a device does not equal poor build quality. That is a very naive way of judging build quality.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Reactions: crzycrkr

gramsey1911

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
All this Resound vs nexus stuff is getting old. Once the resound gets ifs then start the debate. Clearly if you have rolled with HTC over the years your gonna love. Same for Samsung. ASOP Vs Sense is another debate. I have had both phones....a factory s-off rezound and a retail nexus. I will say now that the rezound retail versions are unlocked we can really compare. I am running ziggys vigor kernel clocked at 1.83ghz and it smokes my buddy's nexus. But I agree about the nexus will be supported better than the rezound by their respective manufacturers. But here's the thing when HTC brings out the upgrade to the rezound we all will jump on it. HTC is good at putting just enough in a phone to make you want it.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
This is my first HTC Phone. I have been biased in favor of Samsung in the past (Before I had a boner for the Galaxy S2...that is a great phone). But IMO the Rezound is better hardware.

Why does it matter if it ships unlocked if HTC allows you to unlock it anyway?

Last edited:

gramsey1911

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
This is my first HTC Phone. I have been biased in favor of Samsung in the past (Before now I had a boner for the Galaxy S2...that is a great phone). But IMO the Rezound is better hardware.

Why does it matter if it ships unlocked if HTC allows you to unlock it anyway?

My rezound is unlocked with s-off where as htcdev unlocks the rezound but leaves s-on.my version is called the white box developer phone that verizon and htc used to test before releasong while the retail version comes in the black box.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
My rezound is unlocked with s-off where as htcdev unlocks the rezound but leaves s-on.my version is called the white box developer phone that verizon and htc used to test before releasong while the retail version comes in the black box.

You must enjoy torturing the less fortunate. Why must you dangle that biscuit in front of this dogs nose? I'm calling the People for the Ethical Treatment of Android users to report this flagrant abuse.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Interesting way of looking at things. Using your criteria, so long as a phone manufacturer uses enough weight in their phone and covers it with a shiny aluminum cover you are happy.

The use of plastic in a device does not equal poor build quality. That is a very naive way of judging build quality.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Aye Effen Men. Lightweight does not = cheap.

Hmm. There seems to be plenty of plastic on my wife's Rezound.

I like both phones. I've been doing many comparisons and I keep choosing the Nexus. The Rezound is definitely my second choice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: crzycrkr

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe