$100 off Samsung GT 10.1 at Staples

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Just bought my wife one from Staples in Atlanta, GA. AFTER being told by three different Staples stores that there was a recall on the Galaxy Tab and they had to be sent back to corporate. Found a store in Atlanta that was had no idea about any recalls.. and picked it up with no problem. Might even consider buying the $99.00 product replacement... (i have 14 days to decide)

Im almost out of my 14 day return..but I decided ..IM KEEPING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Anhtaihuman

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I was one of the lucky ones that bought through a competitor using the price match -- I bought it through OfficeMax for 399+CA Tax.

I basically told them that one of the Staples had one in stock as indicated online (I called to verify, it was a mistake since there were NONE in stock), and said that I would rather do business with OfficeMax rather than Staples. Nice employee and his manager said they would price match it -- just printed out the coupon, they repriced it and sent me on my way!

Moral of the story? With good deals such as these, it is worth calling all of the competitors that carry the same item to see if they would price match since it might be out of stock at all the stores of the original deal! You might just get lucky.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I went to exchange the Galaxy Tab 10.1 for the XOOM. I did an inventory check on the 'net before I went, and it said that it was "In stock." Apparently the entire stock dried up in the 15 minutes it took me to get to the store, so the manager ordered one for me. Of course, they're still listed as "in stock," so the manager clearly lied to me, perhaps in order to avoid having to process the sale with the $100 in his store. Lying you-know-what... this is the last purchase I'm ever making at Staples.

prim8

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not saying that he isn't lying but if it is anything like BBY there are many reasons why the net could be saying it is in stock when it isn't actually in stock.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I went to exchange the Galaxy Tab 10.1 for the XOOM. I did an inventory check on the 'net before I went, and it said that it was "In stock." Apparently the entire stock dried up in the 15 minutes it took me to get to the store, so the manager ordered one for me. Of course, they're still listed as "in stock," so the manager clearly lied to me, perhaps in order to avoid having to process the sale with the $100 in his store. Lying you-know-what... this is the last purchase I'm ever making at Staples.

I'm not so sure he lied. If he orders it for you in the store, the $100 coupon and the sale are still applied to the store. This is what I did and I got the $100 off and the device shipped FREE in 2 days to my house!

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I would love to see a report on how much this sale increased Android tablet sales. Any idea where we could find that info?
We know that almost every Staples in the US sold out of all 8 models within a day of the coupon.

We know that local Staples stores kept getting orders and were sold out almost as soon as new shipments arrived. Many were ordered for in-store delivery that are still coming in this week.

So maybe 1,000 Staples sold 10-20 tablets of up to 8 models? 80,000?

But wait there's more. We know that many Best Buys, Office Depots, and other stores did honor the coupons on a location by location basis. Some reported being told that the Staples coupon had sold out models in other stores.

So I guess that this Staples coupon resulted in an incremental 100,000 Android Tablets for the week.

Not bad. The demand is there. The regular price is just too high.