120fps video plays at 120fps, not 30. How to change?

Da Hai Zhu

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I recorded a slow-mo video (120fps) on my Android phone (version 10), but it plays back at 120fps. How do I get it to play back at the normal 30fps so I can see it in Slow-mo?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
What is the make and model of your phone? Android version 10 only tells us the OS version, not anything about the apps that come with it. The OEM gallery may have a feature that processes the video to create the slo-mo version.

Da Hai Zhu

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Sorry about that. Thought it might be a generic Android 10 question:

ASUS ROG Phone 2
Android 10
Camera App version 6.3.14.0_200707
Playback via Gallery version 5.3.3 / Files by Google version 1.0.346212449 / E-plore version 4.23.20 - none of which provide any options for playback speed

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I almost bought that phone, but unfortunately I didn't and don't know how their specific app works. Just to give you an idea of what you may need to look for, here's how it works on my LG V60.

Screenshots_2020-12-17-07-44-26.jpeg

After I take the slo-mo video, I go to it in my OEM gallery that LG pre-installed (not Google Photos, Files, or other apps) and see that icon in the center of the video. When I tap that, it opens the video in the slo-mo editor to adjust the speed, then re-save it as a new, fully processed video.
@Hermes Hidayat is a somewhat active member here that has experienced with the ROG Phone 2. If he sees this, maybe he can provide better insight.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I almost bought that phone, but unfortunately I didn't and don't know how their specific app works. Just to give you an idea of what you may need to look for, here's how it works on my LG V60.

View attachment 329878

After I take the slo-mo video, I go to it in my OEM gallery that LG pre-installed (not Google Photos, Files, or other apps) and see that icon in the center of the video. When I tap that, it opens the video in the slo-mo editor to adjust the speed, then re-save it as a new, fully processed video.
@Hermes Hidayat is a somewhat active member here that has experienced with the ROG Phone 2. If he sees this, maybe he can provide better insight.

Hi, thanks for the heads up. But sadly on the ROGPHONE 2 users cant do that :( additional video editing application is needed.

Da Hai Zhu

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Been happy with this phone. Got the Tencent edition, so it was a lot cheaper.
I did finally find a slider in the Camera app that allows be to select which section to play at 30fps while it plays the others at recorded speed. None of the other apps have anything like that, as far as I can tell.
Slider.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20