DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Rough estimate my battery consumption is up between 10-15% with this mod. I'm generally near a charger so not a big issue, but I could see turning it off during a day trip to the beach for instance.

I haven't really noticed any difference, but as you say; I'm always near a charger too if there was an issue.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Just for added information. My resolution and refresh rate settings did stay the same through an auto restart. So I've been on this mod for almost a week now.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
How is battery usage holding up?

I leave work not much different than before I did this mod. It's good for me, and I have enhanced processing on. Samsung should've made this option available. It's the buyer's right to make that choice. I still manage very good screen on time. Around 7 or 8 hours.

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
My battery also did better last night, maybe it had to settle. Either way, I agree the trade off is worth it and customer should have the option. Samsung probably didn't want to build two versions of the UI for Snapdragon vs Exynos since Exynos couldn't handle 120 HZ at QHD.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
My battery also did better last night, maybe it had to settle. Either way, I agree the trade off is worth it and customer should have the option. Samsung probably didn't want to build two versions of the UI for Snapdragon vs Exynos since Exynos couldn't handle 120 HZ at QHD.

Maybe that is the difference? I have a Snapdragon device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabsixfamily80