2.2 Froyo Update - Report & Find Solutions to Issues Here (post #1 & 2 updated 8/8)

sicilian4life

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Google mail sync and froyo

Hey there guys.I cant find anyone posting anything about the problem im having so i hope its not just me.I have the htc evo with froyo and unrevoked3.The only thing i see is the sync is not working with googlemail or facebook for htc.I know there was a update on the market for google mail which i did install.The sync icon stays stuck on top of my fun,it wants to do something but it does nothing. i have to go hit cancel sync for the icon to dissapear.Sorry so long.Thank you guys in advance.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but after the update this week iHeart Radio now works without turning on wi-fi.

dvannman1

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm a previous Palm Pre owner and new to the EVO. So far I'm happy with my choice to change. I do have one minor issue. I don't like the facebook contact photos. I don't like the big "F" on the pic and If a facebook friend puts a picture of their dog up I have to look at it. I know how to change to my phone or google pics but it keeps changing back. How do I stop it from changing back? Thanks fo ryour help.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I picked up an EVO yesterday, and I LOOOOVE it. However, I can't connect to my home WiFi. It gets stuck at "obtaining IP address". I can connect my EVO to WiFi at work, and all my other devices work fine with my router at home. Any ideas what I can do?

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I picked up an EVO yesterday, and I LOOOOVE it. However, I can't connect to my home WiFi. It gets stuck at "obtaining IP address". I can connect my EVO to WiFi at work, and all my other devices work fine with my router at home. Any ideas what I can do?

Try disconnecting the power to your router, wait 30 seconds, reconnect, and try again.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Try disconnecting the power to your router, wait 30 seconds, reconnect, and try again.

I'll give it a try, but I suspect that won't help, as my other devices connect just fine. Thanks.

EDIT: As expected, resetting the router did not do anything.

EDIT: Hard resetting the router fixed it. Thanks.

Last edited:

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll give it a try, but I suspect that won't help, as my other devices connect just fine. Thanks.

EDIT: As expected, resetting the router did not do anything.

EDIT: Hard resetting the router fixed it. Thanks.

Try giving it a static IP. Sounds like you either do not have enough to hand out in your range or something else is trying to take on the exact same IP.

Another thing to try is connecting to a neighbor's wifi. If you cannot do that, then maybe there is something interfering.

Last but not least, if you can connect to a neighbor's but not your own, try changing the channel on the router. You maybe getting noise from another device (which in theory might also prevent you from connecting to the neighbor's wifi etc)

pablog54b

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
when I got my evo it already had 2.2 installed.
the only weird problem is that if I force stop the sense ui
it will still run, not actually a problem for my, I just thought its kinda weird

adamisadam

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Voice dialer no longer hears me since froyo upgrade.

I got my phone with 2.1 installed the summer. voice dialer worked great. I used the official over the air froyo update and the voice dialer doesn't work without a bluetooth installed, it appears to simply not hear me. this is when I have bluetooth turned off and I am only using the phone. with a bluetooth headset connected it only works when I initiate dialer from the bluetooth device.

any suggestions?

TIA

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

samanthainlow

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Im getting this problem "Processes repeatedly crashing with the following messsage "<process name> stopped unexpectedly, please try again, process com.htc.bg"
Also my SD card wont mount to the comp in phone anymore! My comp did before update. Now if I wanna add music I need to take my SD card out and use a adapter card. Does anyone have fixes? I use to get a notification in my bar but now that option is gone, the comp sees the evo plugged in but I can't access the SD info.

OneMcChicken

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
My text messages are time stamped two-five minutes after it was actually received.

For example I get one text at 5:15, it will say I recieved it at 5:19, then when I reply my sends at the correct time sent then it goes under the text that says 5:19 received because my text was sent at 5:16

Anyone got this?

sole_elite_xx3

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
My text messages are time stamped two-five minutes after it was actually received.

For example I get one text at 5:15, it will say I recieved it at 5:19, then when I reply my sends at the correct time sent then it goes under the text that says 5:19 received because my text was sent at 5:16

Anyone got this?

that happens to me with my friends iphone but its not only the evo that does this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali