2012 Nexus Rumor Collection(Post Pics/Links Here)

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
LG Optimus Nexus G maybe one of the multiple nexus device to come out but what about the rest?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Another black slab, how droll. But the back seems to be made out of glass, and it may be in a pseudo case (a la the GS III before it was truly unveiled). Nevertheless, let the rumors keep flying as l hold my judgement until the end of the month and its proper reveal.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Another black slab, how droll. But the back seems to be made out of glass, and it may be in a pseudo case (a la the GS III before it was truly unveiled). Nevertheless, let the rumors keep flying as l hold my judgement until the end of the month and its proper reveal.

I would have to agree the phone has some nice touches to the design but unfortunately nearly rumors on design did not come true. If this is actually nexus phone it doesn't look like GN to me nor does it seem to the N7 logo style on back. Then again this could not be nexus or be a prototype. The overall design is little inspiring except the back but in person can be different story.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I would have to agree the phone has some nice touches to the design but unfortunately nearly rumors on design did not come true. If this is actually nexus phone it doesn't look like GN to me nor does it seem to the N7 logo style on back. Then again this could not be nexus or be a prototype. The overall design is little inspiring except the back but in person can be different story.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

View attachment 40387
View attachment 40388
View attachment 40389

Well does really look like the GN with out the curve in design which is the most appealing part the GN. The dotted pattern does not help the look of the device for me either but this looks to be pre-production.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 38654

Samsung Galaxy Nexus 2, Sony Xperia Nexus, LG Optimus Nexus, Nexus 10, Nexus 7 3G HPSA+ or LTE, and HTC Nexus 5 is a long list of devices but if all them quad core then it would be a dream come true. I could ignore my favorite company HTC being a Smart Tablet (SORRY I THINK THE WORD "PHABLET" IS RIDICULOUS NO LONGER CHOOSE TO USE IT). A five inch device is to big of a phone for me but if the HTC is eactly 5inches and not 5.1 or higher I might give it a look if the screen has that edge to edge technology. This would get rid of the bezel make the device smaller. Nevertheless if most of these device came out during the fall Google will be making a big statement that I will happily support.

If you create or find any concepts of rumored nexus devices post the links and pics here.​

I updated the list and sort laugh at which ones I will be crossing of by the end of the year. The Nexus 10 rumors died very quickly after Google I/O but the buzz is back again. The HTC DLX seems to being losing the Nexus 5 buzz and just turning out to be another Droid. All in all who knows but hopefully lot is answered by Andy Rubin.

M_Android

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Rubin introduced "Honeycomb" and the Motorola-tablet two years ago at the "All things D", so it is likely he might talk about the Nexus 4 this year-

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
On AndroidAndMe.com the source with the LG phone (that he claims is the LG Nexus) ran Quadrant and got a paltry 4207 LG Nexus gets benchmarked | Android and Me. I say paltry, because not only is that significantly lower than the HTC OneX, its almost 50% less than the LG Optimus G which scored an amazing 7559: LG Optimus G benchmarks

If this is true and that's the Nexus, then Google's made a huge mistake. When this device is almost exactly an LG Optimus G, why not get almost double the performance and put on a custom ROM?

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
In a way, I'm sort of hoping the new Nexus isn't THAT good, because A) I don't want to ditch my Galaxy Nexus for a while since I bought it for full retail last year, and B) it might not (probably won't) come to Verizon and I'll be SOL anyway. Basically, I'm a sucker for new tech, but I don't want to get all hyped up for a new phone that might not come to my carrier anyway when my current phone is good.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
On AndroidAndMe.com the source with the LG phone (that he claims is the LG Nexus) ran Quadrant and got a paltry 4207 LG Nexus gets benchmarked | Android and Me. I say paltry, because not only is that significantly lower than the HTC OneX, its almost 50% less than the LG Optimus G which scored an amazing 7559: LG Optimus G benchmarks

If this is true and that's the Nexus, then Google's made a huge mistake. When this device is almost exactly an LG Optimus G, why not get almost double the performance and put on a custom ROM?

GN's benchmark sores vs One X, S3, and Razr the competition has the GN scores beat by double but GN is still on par on software performance. Benchmarket scores are just scores. LG Nexus 4 will compete very well just like all other nexus products have.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/gmail-android-42-purportedly-features-pinch-zoom-new-gesture-controls

I hope 4.2 has some other interesting features. It's funny that all the major 4.2 rumors last week were bogus. Makes what ever updates to 4.2 more interesting. I hope they change Dial and contacts to be more comprehensive. Also upgrade stale messager app. The 4.2 rumor about battery improvement would of pared nicely with the be LG Nexus 4. Since the LG Nexus is based on the Optimus G that has slew of battery improvments then the rumored 4.2 battery improvements would gave been perfect.

mcantu

May 26, 2011
Visit site
GN's benchmark sores vs One X, S3, and Razr the competition has the GN scores beat by double but GN is still on par on software performance. Benchmarket scores are just scores. LG Nexus 4 will compete very well just like all other nexus products have.

exactly. the SIII stomps on the GN in benchmarks (because of the CPU) but in actually using them, there is little difference in performance