2014 Moto X Dialer Screen Issue

Matthew Osterlund

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I noticed on both my 4.4.4 and 5.0 Moto X this phone SOMETIMES has an issue with the dialer screen staying black when you take it away from your ear and want to use it. The screen does not wake up. I have tried to figure out what may be causing this, but can't really nail it down. Seems to happen after a longer conversation. Anyone else having the issue? Any solution or is this a future update glitch to be fixed?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It indicates a flaky proximity sensor. If it's under warranty, have the phone replaced (unless your local shop actually replaces sensors).

Matthew Osterlund

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I hear you, but I wonder why it seems to work with everything else? No problem with moto actions, waking the phone up otherwise. Plus it has happened on two PE edition phones. I had a wood back that I upgraded to 5.0 and then received a replacement with leather and it has the same issue...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I hear you, but I wonder why it seems to work with everything else? No problem with moto actions, waking the phone up otherwise.
Infrared sensors, not proximity sensor.

Plus it has happened on two PE edition phones. I had a wood back that I upgraded to 5.0 and then received a replacement with leather and it has the same issue...
Coupd be a bad shipment of sensors, could be the way they're mounted is slowly causing them to go bad. There's no way to do anything but guess without having the phone on the bench.

@Cant Miss, the proximity detector works through the plastic of screen protectors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol