3g/4g issue with bionic

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with Verizon rep today and they stated Motorola pushed out the phone with a junk 3G radio. I am really disappointed by this. They also said the Razr and the upcoming Droid 4 have the same exact radio.

I returned the Bionic because of the data signal issue. The phone itself was great but useless if I could not get email. I keep hoping that there is a fix but they even said the upcoming update will not solve it for everyone. They said the issue really only affects locations that are on the outskirts of a 4G area.

You posted this BS twice? Come on man, think about it a little more before you post. Go read my response in the "last time before I sell it". Now, I'm even more sure of my response. Either you're making this up because you're mad, or you talked with some young in-store rep that has no idea what they're talking about.

evilflip

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i hear that a pull of the lte card helps this. not sure as i have not done it yet. pull the sim, wait a few, start phone, wait for request to reinsert the card, do that and restart. i did not see this mentioned on this forum, unless i am too drunk.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with Verizon rep today and they stated Motorola pushed out the phone with a junk 3G radio. I am really disappointed by this. They also said the Razr and the upcoming Droid 4 have the same exact radio.

I returned the Bionic because of the data signal issue. The phone itself was great but useless if I could not get email. I keep hoping that there is a fix but they even said the upcoming update will not solve it for everyone. They said the issue really only affects locations that are on the outskirts of a 4G area.

I have not had any issues with my Bionic connecting to 4g. I guess my area has better service. I got my Bionic on release day.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

rgarling

Apr 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
Let's all be patient. I'm sure VZW is working as quickly as they can to make sure all of their advertisers are satisfied with the update prior to it being rolled out to our phones.

I'm trying to be patient, I really am. It doesn't help that every day for the past week data has gone out on me, especially when I was driving to unknown areas in PA using the GPS. There's been no outages in my area either or any of the areas I was in. I'm 4G and so were the others. It started kicking me off WiFi Saturday as well. I'm getting fed up. :-\

rgarling

Apr 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
i hear that a pull of the lte card helps this. not sure as i have not done it yet. pull the sim, wait a few, start phone, wait for request to reinsert the card, do that and restart. i did not see this mentioned on this forum, unless i am too drunk.

doesn't work for me. i've done it. my data still goes out.

rgarling

Apr 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
as i sit here my phone has a white 4G signal, sending arrow lit, downloading arrow greyed out and 3 signal bars. It's flipping back and forth between 3G and 4G..

BarneyDroid

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone get an update this morning? I woke up and my 4G/3G was off... as usual. I checked my network settings and it wouldn't allow me to change the CDMA/LTE settings. I restarted my phone and 4G came up immediately along with some social app that was on my home screen that I had never seen before... Any thoughts?

Edit: also checked the updates prior to restart and it wasn't available, after restart it said my phone was up to date.

celticfdguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I did not get an update, but this is getting to be ridiculous! I called VZ and also went to the store. All they did was confirm the issue with no ETA on the fix. I asked about my data plan being pro rated due to the fact I have this issue 5+ times a day. I was told there is nothing in the works at this time. The associate at the store said she could get me a replacement... but I will still have the same issue.

How can VZ be selling this POS when it doesn't even work correctly?! Pull it off the shelf until the issue is resolved. I love the phone, when it works... but I am at the point where I am going to cancel my contract. The way they are handling this is not right.

BarneyDroid

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I am still having the issue. I have no idea why my phone acted the way it did. VZW told me on Sunday that they would replace my DB with a Revolution?! Really?! That is a load of crap. I suggest that everyone that has these problems to call and check in with VZW once a week and eventually they might actually understand that this is a very real issue.

celticfdguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I just sent support this... I am FED up with VZ and Motorola.

I have called and visited a Verizon store in regard to the issue I am having with my Motorola Bionic. I continue to have 3g coverage/data issues. The hotline and store have recognized this and admitted that there is an issue with Motorola Bionic. This update was supposed to be available mid/late November but that has come and gone. Now I am being told mid/late December. This is completely unacceptable. I am nearing the point where I am going to cancel this phone all together, pay the early termination fee of $340 dollars and file a formal complaint with the better business bureau. The fact my data plan has not been pro-rated by this point is unbelievable. 80% of the day I am unable to attain a valid 3g signal. What is Verizon going to do about this issue? There are THOUSANDS of users who are having this issue. Do a Google search on it; see what people are saying about your company and this phone. I am in the information technology field and have a lot of influence on the people around me about what technology is the best, etc. You can bet your money I am NEVER going to recommend you as a service provider in addition to purchasing a Motorola device. You can be sure once I cancel this device I will be switching over to AT&T.I expect to hear back about either a discount on my data plan for the past 2 months or the option to receive a free phone of equal or lesser value from my initial purchase date. If you cannot do any of this for me and cannot guarantee an update will be released in the next week I WILL be cancelling my service.

Last edited:

potermac

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
That's exactely the reason I returned my bionic. It was JUNK!!!!
For you, not everyone. Its not just the phone. I had the same problems until we got 4g in our area. Now for the past two and a half months my bionics been absolutely perfect. Even the music issues I was having are no more.
I just read about someone that was on the fringe of 4g and was having data problems so he locked it on cdma only and hasn't had any problems for two Weeks. You can't have these type fixes if it was only the phone causing the problem. Also, it is affecting other 4g phones, not just the bionic.

celticfdguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I just sent support this... I am FED up with VZ and Motorola.

I have called and visited a Verizon store in regard to the issue I am having with my Motorola Bionic. I continue to have 3g coverage/data issues. The hotline and store have recognized this and admitted that there is an issue with Motorola Bionic. This update was supposed to be available mid/late November but that has come and gone. Now I am being told mid/late December. This is completely unacceptable. I am nearing the point where I am going to cancel this phone all together, pay the early termination fee of $340 dollars and file a formal complaint with the better business bureau. The fact my data plan has not been pro-rated by this point is unbelievable. 80% of the day I am unable to attain a valid 3g signal. What is Verizon going to do about this issue? There are THOUSANDS of users who are having this issue. Do a Google search on it; see what people are saying about your company and this phone. I am in the information technology field and have a lot of influence on the people around me about what technology is the best, etc. You can bet your money I am NEVER going to recommend you as a service provider in addition to purchasing a Motorola device. You can be sure once I cancel this device I will be switching over to AT&T.I expect to hear back about either a discount on my data plan for the past 2 months or the option to receive a free phone of equal or lesser value from my initial purchase date. If you cannot do any of this for me and cannot guarantee an update will be released in the next week I WILL be cancelling my service.

I just got a voicemail from a verizon rep. They apologized for all the issues I have been having and said the update is in the testing phase. He said he took 50% off of my data plan for the past 2 months (as long as I have had the phone). Since my bill was paid and had no balance, I know have a -$28.xx balance. I am happy they did this, it will hold me over for another month. I suggest you write in an email and power phrase what I said above if you want this!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe