3G & WiFi dropping in and out...Roaming Notifications

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried the prl then profile update and it sometimes fixes the problem, and others it does not...Anyone else have this issue and how did you fix it? I called sprint and told them the steps I took and she said "OK let's try something else" and did the exact same thing I did...Anyone else have better luck?

-Sent from my US Customs Edition EVO 4G LTE-

Last edited by a moderator:

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Same thing here. Just started happening though. Might be a network issue? I wasn't having this problem before today.

Sent from my EVO 4g LTE using Android Central Forums

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Had the issue this morning again. Usually accompanied with an icon up top with a "unable to locate timezone" popup as well.

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I had that issue and did the online chat and he forced a PRL or profile or some such update and I shut the phone off for abot 10 minutes. When I restarted it ran the update he sent and all is well.

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I had that issue and did the online chat and he forced a PRL or profile or some such update and I shut the phone off for abot 10 minutes. When I restarted it ran the update he sent and all is well.

You can do that from your phone by yourself, that's exactly what the lady on the phone did last night, after I just did the exact same thing. Worked for last night ans today I'm back to the same shot.

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Yup; same thing I had going on. Your comment implies that it's a sporadic issue; is that so?

That's correct...Last night she goes "Ok see of you can connect to the internet now". I said well I might be able to now but that doesn't mean in 5 minutes if won't do the same thing...Did you get your problem fixed?

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
You can do that from your phone by yourself, that's exactly what the lady on the phone did last night, after I just did the exact same thing. Worked for last night ans today I'm back to the same shot.

Yeah I know I can do it by myself and I'd tried that and nothing but apparently he had a force reset he could do. Anyway his worked mine didn't.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
That's correct...Last night she goes "Ok see of you can connect to the internet now". I said well I might be able to now but that doesn't mean in 5 minutes if won't do the same thing...Did you get your problem fixed?

Oh, heck no. My Evo arrives back at Sprint on Monday; I couldn't put up with that crap. I'm getting my upgrade reset, and am keeping an eye on threads like this. If you get no resolution by the time the SGSIII debuts, I'll jump on that. If you do, I may try another Evo. I just don't want to get stuck in returns hell, especially as units like mine start making their way into the refurbished pipeline.

MexRex

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I was playing a video from YouTube and the whole time it was like, 3G.. Nope.. Wifi... Nope.. 3G... Nope.. Wifi. The video didn't stop at all though. I'm wondering why it keeps doing that. After bringing the phone back from a long sleep, I can see the Wifi connected icon but it isn't really connected. After a bit it does the 3G.. Nope.. Wifi... Nope.. 3G... Nope.. Wifi.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Also experiencing problems with Wi-Fi. Linksys router, what about u guys? Anyone try messing with the WiFi frequencies? Router isn't even password protected, so that isn't an issue.

Sent from OG EVO LTE with Android Central Forums

batfastard

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Same here, but mostly dropping wifi a couple of times a hour. It's annoying as hell.

My wife and I both got the EVO LTE (preorder Sprint launch). We are both on thre same access point, yet her's never bounces off and back onto WiFi constantly like mine does. Mine does it during normal use. We have everything set up exactly the same. I am starting to think I have some hardware related issues... That, or something software related is different on mine vs my wife's device (under the covers, as I see nothing at the setting level). My OG EVO never behaved this way.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums