4.0.4 battery life

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well it seems that battery has improved noticeably. At least Android OS is not at the top of the list anymore of what is killing the battery. More bars is something else and can be just an app and not actually an accurate display of signal strength.

sjd2246

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
My battery completely drained over night after the 4.0.4 update, maybe the battery needs to calibrate to the OS update? If not Verizon is going to hate dealing with me. Before the update I never had this problem. Any thoughts?

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thing happen as SJD, my battery life has definitely gotten worse.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
My battery completely drained over night after the 4.0.4 update, maybe the battery needs to calibrate to the OS update? If not Verizon is going to hate dealing with me. Before the update I never had this problem. Any thoughts?
This same thing happened to me last night. It said the screen was the cause of the drain.

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Really do not see any improvement in battery life... Wifi reception performance was better on 4.0.2, especially with checking the DBM.

In fact I think google intentionaly lowered
the wifi signal to improve battery life. Could be wrong, but on 4.0.2 DBM count displayed a better signal, which in turn lead to faster browsing, etc...

McSlappy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Really do not see any improvement in battery life... Wifi reception performance was better on 4.0.2, especially with checking the DBM.

In fact I think google intentionaly lowered
the wifi signal to improve battery life. Could be wrong, but on 4.0.2 DBM count displayed a better signal, which in turn lead to faster browsing, etc...

My wifi experience is completely different. Where I work we have several access points throughout the building. in .2 when I walk straight from one end of the building to the other the wifi could not switch fast enough to give me service. It would loose it's current signal and stay there till I was on the other side of the building still and then would pickup the network again. In .4 it picks up the access points in the middle along the way. I have gtalk messages while in transit so I know it really is getting network access.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
ive had the update for 24 hrs now....i think theres improvement w battery life...i wont really know until mid week after normal usage. but i def feel like its not being drained as fast

duke69111

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has took a nose dive from 4.0.2. I had the screen on for 1.5 hours, it was responsable for 65% of the drain and I only had 4% left. I was just using the web browser and weatherbug.

On 4.0.2, I could at least get 3 hours with the screen on. Stock Battery.

As for the 4g signal, I think the signal bars were adjusted to match other phones. Not an increase in signal. I have the same db as before, but 4 bars instead of 2-3.

I have screen shots of the signal meter from before and after if anyone would like to see them.

Last edited:

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing significantly better battery life on my first full day of 4.04.

I am using the phone as heavily as I normally do and at this point in the day, I'm usually down to about 20%.

As of right now, I'm at 5 hours on battery, with 1.5 hours of screen on, and I still have 40% left!

I know that's not great still, but for my usage, it's awesome. I'm pumped.

NoICon

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
It might be too early to tell, but I would have to say it improved albeit slightly. I had a little over 8 hours with light to moderate use before it hit 15% remaining. I get much better life on wireless. I am still envious of those whose battery life blows mine away. Honest question, what should be expected from this phone with moderate use on Verizon's network? I can't help but think that I should be getting more life, but maybe it's just not in the cards.

richruth55

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The 4.0.4 update significantly reduced my Droid Maxx battery life. The phone is now dead at the end of the day and prior to the update would be about 50%. This has to be really impacting the Droid X folks that downloaded the update.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Slightly improved. Not much of a difference. Overall, it's pretty good.

I'm waiting on getting a new extended battery for it until 4.1 comes out so it's trained on that version (if it makes a difference at all). And nothing helps battery life like getting an N7. Since I can't put the N7 down, I haven't used the GNex as much.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Version 4.0.4 has improved my battery life so much that I no longer look at the battery indicator during the day. I don't even think about it. I always keep a spare battery in my pocket but haven't used it since 4.0.4 came out.

Why is it that some people have worse, some have seen no change, and some like me have much better battery life with this upgrade? How can the experiences be so different?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MapleSyrup