4.3 for the Note 2

DesElms

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Based on more than just what I'm linking to in this posting -- taking a lot of postings, together -- my bottom line belief is that Note II users should not expect an Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update very much before mid- to late-December 2013.

There started to be leaks about Samsung doing testing with most large carriers in mid- to late-September; with articles about it appearing as early as the last week of September. More articles hinted at unconfirmed things during October. Here's one of those articles.

Then, literally yesterday, as I write this -- the 23rd of October 2013 -- both endgadget and the cnet UK website reported that that "Galaxy Gear" would soon be compatible with far more phones than originally thought... including the Note II; and, of course, in order for any phone to be compatible with Galaxy Gear, it needs to be running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Here's the engadget article.

International Business Times of Australia is reporting, as of just about an hour ago, at this writing, that 4.3 will be out for some phones by November 11th. So the story is obviously breaking right now. Setting a bookmark to, and keeping an eye on this Google web search, as well as this Google News search, should yield more articles in the coming days... maybe even hours.

Albinoni

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I live in Australia and heard its coming out here in November how true I don't know, sad thing is Australia seems to be slow when it comes to updates. I want this update because sadly I can't transfer apps to my sd card which is a blumen pain

Sent from my GT-N7105T using AC Forums mobile app

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know what features will be excluded that's currently on the Note 3.?

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, it's for real.

DesElms

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Anybody wanna' bet -- no, seriously... ten bucks to the winner's favorite charity -- that it won't be mid- to late-December (probably even later) for the Note II? Hmmm? Put your money where your mouth is?

Wishful-think mid-November all you want. That date is for the S4, and the Note III, and others.

The Note II will be last. Just watch.

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Anybody wanna' bet -- no, seriously... ten bucks to the winner's favorite charity -- that it won't be mid- to late-December (probably even later) for the Note II? Hmmm? Put your money where your mouth is?

Wishful-think mid-November all you want. That date is for the S4, and the Note III, and others.

The Note II will be last. Just watch.

It'll largely depend on the carriers for you chaps across the pond. This all looks good for those of us rocking international versions though as most likely it'll receive the update before the carrier ones.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
There is no point waiting for these updates. They keep saying this month that month ect.. I will have a new phone before they decide to update the one I have now. Its a bit of a joke really.

Posted via Android Central App

Younjulius

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Thing is that it's the reason why note 2 will be my last Samsung cell phone. As much as I like my note 2, it's not acceptable to me that it takes this long to get the update.

Kitkat is around the corner and I'm getting the old update after the new update. Also, I suspect that I'll be lucky to get kitkat for note 2 before getting cut off.

Compared to how Apple and Google handles their updates, it's unacceptable and frustrating to me.

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Thing is that it's the reason why note 2 will be my last Samsung cell phone. As much as I like my note 2, it's not acceptable to me that it takes this long to get the update.

Kitkat is around the corner and I'm getting the old update after the new update. Also, I suspect that I'll be lucky to get kitkat for note 2 before getting cut off.

Compared to how Apple and Google handles their updates, it's unacceptable and frustrating to me.

It is not Googles fault. Samsung is lazy to give updates, they are more into making new devices on every week.. If you cannot wait to get updates, you will never buy Apple. Apple gives an update once a year. And remember that, if you dont have an international version, you need to wait your carriers possible updates too (=useless bloatware).

Younjulius

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
It is not Googles fault. Samsung is lazy to give updates, they are more into making new devices on every week.. If you cannot wait to get updates, you will never buy Apple. Apple gives an update once a year. And remember that, if you dont have an international version, you need to wait your carriers possible updates too (=useless bloatware).

I'm not asking for every day update. Rather I want the assurance that my device won't be outdated not because the hardware is outdated but the manufacturers deserted it. Yes I agree that Google is fine but Samsung sucks @$$.

DesElms

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
There is no point waiting for these updates. They keep saying this month that month ect.. I will have a new phone before they decide to update the one I have now. Its a bit of a joke really.

If you let the manufacturers and carriers convince you that you must upgrade your phone every year to year-and-a-half, rather than keep the same phone for, at minimum, the life of your two-year carrier contract -- and, hopefully, even beyond -- then, yes, what you write is probably true... at least for you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilx11