4G connection

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue with a 4G connection going in and out all the time? I live in Kansas City and we're FINALLY getting 4G on November 17th, so I wonder if they're just messing with the towers or something. I have a friend who has another Verizon 4G phone who had great service in KC, though, and she had no problems with it, even though we haven't officially home 4G yet.

My phone had GREAT 4G on Wednesday and Thursday, then on Friday it started acting up, going in and out of 4G, 3G, 1X, and no connection altogether. In fact, I got so sick of it that I just turned on my wifi, and my mobile connection even turned off my wifi! It hasn't been as bad recently with wifi, and I've switched to the 3G only setting, but I have a bad feeling that even when 4G officially goes live in KC, it's not gonna work on my phone.

So I guess my question is whether anyone has experienced the same thing right before 4G went live in your city, and whether it improved afterwards. Any insight would be appreciated.

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I live in Tucson, AZ where we have had 4G for a few months, but quite recently I have been getting 4G, then 3G, and 1X. Mostly 3G though.

I pull my battery, and remove the sim card, and replace them both, but it only fixes the problem for a few minutes at most

fubaracing7374

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I was with one radio I downloaded but ever since I reflashed .03 again, it seems to be better.

Sent from my BAMF'd Forever Thunderbolt

MacQ32

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, download LTE on/off and switch to 3g when experiencig the issues. I hear its vzw testing the network not our devices

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Mojogojoe

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Appleton, WI is scheduled to "go live" with 4G on 11/17/11. Until that time, we're in a test environment. My suggestion would simply be to just wait until Thursday & check your performance then.
I downloaded a song when 4G appeared on my phone. It took about 4 minute so that's when I knew that it must be the Acme (same company that Wiley E Coyote patronizes) 4G & not the real deal.
Joe

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help, guys. I thought that it might be a testing thing...then I went into the Verizon store and tried out a Bionic and it worked fine. So the hope is that Verizon is working on whatever issue their 4G has with the Thunderbolt specifically and will magically fix it by Thursday. Ugh. This is my 5th or 6th Thunderbolt (reboots and etc.).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danny2024