4G LTE upgrades start Sept. 29

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Pathetic, but at least it's still "September" as they promised. I will send it out ASAP but Moto should be embarrassed.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm just happy it's finally getting done. Ironically, I just got back from the Verizon store, checking out the Bionic. I came on here to visit the bionic section and, give my review; when I seen this article. :)

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Technically the upgrade has not been done. It claimed in Sept. We will not get it back in Sept. so this is still incorrect information. I'm still going to be complaining to Verizon on this matter.

JCHoefer

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
While I'm disappointed by the delays, I'm happy it's here.

Frankly though it wouldn't have mattered for me until recently since we didn't have LTE until about a month ago.

I'll be checking the link tomorrow.

arundc

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Can we get a time line of all the promised features that were not available on release day? Flash, read only microSD support and now 4G. Never too late. I just hope they don't mess up the upgrades. :-$

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
The upgrade page is up. Says you will get a free Standard Charging Dock, but no confirmation on that after filling out the forms. At least its here. So if I get my box by Friday and mail it in same day, Should have it back by next Friday, before the LTE equipped versions go on sale days later. LOL

Caveman419

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Just snt my request in. Would be nice to have the docking station, the 3.2.1 upgrade that other tablets are getting and a complimentary 32GB memory card for having to wait sooooo long.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I just submitted for the upgrade a little over a hour ago and, got tracking information already. I already have a dock and, don't want another one. They must not be selling well, for them to just give it away or, maybe it's just something they threw in, for us waiting so long.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
I tried registering my xoom...

When I tried, and entered the MEID it asked for, it gave me an error.

"We are sorry. We are unable to validate your unit at this time. Please confirm that the Serial and IMEI numbers are correct. Once you have verified your Serial and IMEI number and if you receive this error again, please contact Motorola Customer Service at 800-734-5870."

Could it be that I never activated the Xoom on 3G data??

I know I'm entering it right because before I do (when the entry box is there), it shows as Unknown for MEID and Warranty on the left. After I enter it, it shows me a picture of the Xoom, the MEID and that its in warranty on the left after/while it gives me this error screen.

Their live chat doesn't open until 9am CDT. I'm on hold with their 800# in the error message.

I hope I can get in while the docks are still available.

EDIT: they must have just been getting hammered... I finally got past the error, entered my info (including address, etc), and received RMA number and email that packaging is on the way.

Last edited:

madmike6537

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried registering my xoom...

When I tried, and entered the MEID it asked for, it gave me an error.

"We are sorry. We are unable to validate your unit at this time. Please confirm that the Serial and IMEI numbers are correct. Once you have verified your Serial and IMEI number and if you receive this error again, please contact Motorola Customer Service at 800-734-5870."

Could it be that I never activated the Xoom on 3G data??

I know I'm entering it right because before I do (when the entry box is there), it shows as Unknown for MEID and Warranty on the left. After I enter it, it shows me a picture of the Xoom, the MEID and that its in warranty on the left after/while it gives me this error screen.

Their live chat doesn't open until 9am CDT. I'm on hold with their 800# in the error message.

I hope I can get in while the docks are still available.

EDIT: they must have just been getting hammered... I finally got past the error, entered my info (including address, etc), and received RMA number and email that packaging is on the way.

Got this same error - they are supposed to be calling me back. Guess I will keep trying to get through :/

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Submitted mine, as well, and got the notification that they're overnighting me a box. I hope to get in on the dock, but, at this point that seems unlikely. I was considering buying an extra one anyway. I'd like to have 3 technically. Anyway, I've started backing it up as I plan on dropping it off to get shipped out tomorrow after the box arrives. We'll see how this goes.

tommy m

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Got this same error - they are supposed to be calling me back. Guess I will keep trying to get through :/

I had the same error at 6am PST. 2 calls and 90 minutes later to "Peggy" at Motorola they got me set up. 30 seconds after I hung up I got my tracking number.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank