4g sucks in dc

Giblet

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Isn't 4g not even officially in DC yet. Last time I checked the coverage map it showed only 3G. I know there is some 4G coverage but last I heard it hadn't been officially launched

sel1965

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
They have been turning 4G on in phases, if DC has not officially launched yet then your service isn't expected to be great. They have been going through testing and now have launched 4G here in KC and I think it's awesome. We have nice coverage where I live and work. I believe the coverage map needs to be tweaked a bit but other than that I couldn't be more pleased!

Jupiter600

May 14, 2010
Visit site
yeh with more testing, 4G in DC is spotty at best

and sometime it gets stuck on "scanning.......", which leaves me with no internet. But when i immediately turn the 4G option off, it'll find a 3G connection real quick

Well 4G has only been on in DC for about a week so, guess they need to iron out some kinks

Jupiter600

May 14, 2010
Visit site
They have been turning 4G on in phases, if DC has not officially launched yet then your service isn't expected to be great. They have been going through testing and now have launched 4G here in KC and I think it's awesome. We have nice coverage where I live and work. I believe the coverage map needs to be tweaked a bit but other than that I couldn't be more pleased!

It was announce last Wednesday i think.
A link to the article is in the "areas soon to get 4G" topic
Said DC area was Live

skip259#CB

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Wheaton and Silver Spring MD (downtown) have 4g coverage.
4g, full bars. BUT once i step inside my apt, it's borderline. me disappointed. Have to switch to wifi or 3g.

-B

creativemeat

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Clearer announced wimax in DC. They actually say "central dc". Sprint 's coverage maps don't show 4g yet but Clears's website does. I hope Sprint is waiting for a few more wimax hotspots before they market it as official too. As you can see from Clearwire's site, 4G coverage is somewhat spotty. I however have been able to get 4g outside in areas that dont appear on the coverage map, like Adams Morgan.

mikegodzwa

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
CLEAR shows my area (American University - NWDC) as the "best coverage." I get at best 1 bar of 4G coverage by my apartment window, 2.59 mbps down and .07 up. I hope best means best for now.

gbp

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Which probably means they don't have all the towers hooked up to 4G that they plan to have. Which is probably why it sucks. There's a reason Sprint hasn't announced it yet.

I am still having issues with 3G. There are couple of places I find deadzones all the time. I complained to them about 4 years back. Still my signal gets dropped. I doubt Sprint will have a strong 4G signal in DC ( or any place).

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It will all be updated and enhanced, just give it a chance, new network. This is big country and not that easy to do it all in one shot. Maybe we should make a post telling Sprint where 4G coverage is spotty / bad, maybe that will help them.

gbp

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
It will all be updated and enhanced, just give it a chance, new network. This is big country and not that easy to do it all in one shot. Maybe we should make a post telling Sprint where 4G coverage is spotty / bad, maybe that will help them.

I love your idea, but its of no effect.
I wish they would listen. I complained about this particular spot I had issues to their network folks. The rep goes "reboot your phone", "run PRL" "take it to sprint store" "Change phone" .... I have to tell them I have about ten different phones spanning ten years and each one of them has issues.

Brain dead people these SPRINT tech support folks are.
The issue is with deadzone and a weak signal. Sprint is by far the dumbest company in terms of technicians understanding the issue.

Cell Phone Coverage Maps - AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile is the place to go report.

If Sprint continues to ignore the signal issue they will end up being another ATT.
FYI, LTE is live (testing) in Boston. I can tell you Verizon is going to Punish / Crush Sprint for good in three years. They will end up as a cheap PrePaid cellphone company.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz