6 and 6 Pro, who has both?

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Curious as to who has both and what one you prefer?

I do but am about to sell one on and it will probably be the standard 6 I sell. I prefer almost everything about the standard 6 but the lack of a 256gb option in the UK and noises that only the pro will get face unlock make the pro the better option.

Anybody else?

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I had both and returned the standard 6 just didn't feel premium compared to the pro. Only thing I liked about the 6 was the flat screen. Almost everything about the Pro is better. Don't see the Pro ever getting face unlock.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I do like the flat screen and slightly smaller size but the bezel does scream 2019 a little.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Have a 6P with a 6 on order to replaced the one I killed during a sideloading operation gone bad. I prefer the feel of the 6P and also the rounded screen.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I had both for a couple weeks..liked both. Gave my daughter a choice for Xmas P5 or P6 and she took P6.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have P6Pro and wife has P6. Unlike myself, she doesn't like the curved screen of the Pro but loves the P6. Both are fast and take great pictures.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I sold my standard 6 this week. If I can ever get the 256gb model in the UK I think I would probably flip the pro and get it.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I have both, but I've used my P6P the most. I'm not sure about others, but I can definitely tell the difference in everyday use. The Fluidity, display, and it's slimmer than the P6.

Curved screen doesn't bother me and is actually easier to swipe left to right vs the P6. I only wish they would've made the P6 at maybe a 6 or 6.2 size. Then I may be saying a different story. I actually use my P5 more than my P6 because of that...lol

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I had both phones. I sold the pro and kept the regular Pixel 6. I really liked both phones. I just decided to keep the small Pixel because the battery life imo is better than the pro. Plus I prefer the pocket ability of the smaller Pixel.
However I did prefer the screen on the pro is far Superior to the smaller Pixel.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I have both, but I've used my P6P the most. I'm not sure about others, but I can definitely tell the difference in everyday use. The Fluidity, display, and it's slimmer than the P6.

Curved screen doesn't bother me and is actually easier to swipe left to right vs the P6. I only wish they would've made the P6 at maybe a 6 or 6.2 size. Then I may be saying a different story. I actually use my P5 more than my P6 because of that...lol

But...the p6p is not slimmer.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm holding both.... Slimmer to me. Maybe because of the curved screen

Gotcha. It feels slimmer to you. That would make sense since with the recurved screen that I would fell at way. Measurements don't lie however. It's actually like a millimeter wider.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Gotcha. It feels slimmer to you. That would make sense since with the recurved screen that I would fell at way. Measurements don't lie however. It's actually like a millimeter wider.
It's actually the thickness I am referring to. You are correct, it is wider.

The bezels on the P6 make it feel a bit thicker (not necessarily a bad thing). The P6P kinda reminds me of holding a Note 10. I'm a fan of the thinner phones...

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
It's actually the thickness I am referring to. You are correct, it is wider.

The bezels on the P6 make it feel a bit thicker (not necessarily a bad thing). The P6P kinda reminds me of holding a Note 10. I'm a fan of the thinner phones...

Yes, my bad. They're both 8.9 mm thick. I can definitely see how the beveled edges on the p6p would make it feel thinner than the p6 though; as it's the edge of the phone that your hands interact with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny