6 months later... S6 still worth buying?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Even as a light to medium user my battery has been gradually getting worse since 5.1.1...I'll be doing a factory reset tonight. But it seems the battery life with all 2015 phones has been less than stellar...lollipop issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Even as a light to medium user my battery has been gradually getting worse since 5.1.1...I'll be doing a factory reset tonight. But it seems the battery life with all 2015 phones has been less than stellar...lollipop issue?

I think it's lollipop issue and alot of manufacturers are putting smaller batteries in flagship phones. They want to make their phones thinner and put a smaller battery in it. I'd rather have a thicker phone with better battery because I put my phones in cases anyways so I never see it naked and all of its thinness. 😜

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

My note 5 gets way better battery life than my s6e.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I think it's lollipop issue and alot of manufacturers are putting smaller batteries in flagship phones. They want to make their phones thinner and put a smaller battery in it. I'd rather have a thicker phone with better battery because I put my phones in cases anyways so I never see it naked and all of its thinness. ??????

Agreed. Dose or whatever its called cant come soon enough...the problem is being with a Samsung device we will see that in early 2016.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
My note 5 gets way better battery life than my s6e.

Because its got a bigger battery. With that said, i spent time on the Note 5 forums and looked at the battery postings...you gotta admit thats less than expected, especially from the Note line. This is why i suspect its a Lollipop specific related issue hopefully resolved by 6.0.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Because its got a bigger battery. With that said, i spent time on the Note 5 forums and looked at the battery postings...you gotta admit thats less than expected, especially from the Note line. This is why i suspect its a Lollipop specific related issue hopefully resolved by 6.0.

My note 5 Battery is 15% larger than my s6e but gets about 50% battery life, if not more. Of course, everyone's user experience is different. And people have problems with every phone,and those with problems tend to be more vocal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe