6T on T-Mobile......dual SIM or not?

dspayde

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I was going back to T-Mobile and planning on getting the 6T when it came out. Now T-Mob has removed all questions about compatibility by adding OnePlus to it's lineup. But will the T-Mob version of the 6T be a dual SIM unit? Any thoughts or facts out there on this?

rrspikes

May 15, 2011
Visit site
This is the question I have before considering the Tmo 6T.

I use a 5T and 6 on TMobile with both ATT and Tmo SIMs no issues.

If the Tmo branded 6T doesn't do dual SIM, then I'll buy direct from OnePlus.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Obviously we can't know for sure, but I'm 99% certain that it will be dual SIM.

All the OnePlus phones thus far have been dual SIM, and I do know that the versions sold by O2 (a UK network operator) over here are identical to ones you get directly from OnePlus.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
If the 6T on T-Mo is a dual sim, will you be able to use the second sim slot if the phone is lock to there network?

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
As long as the 6T is bloat free, I don't think I will mind if it is locked to T-MOBILE. I will just have them unlock it after 45 days anyway. Plus l'm not leaving T-MOBILE anyways

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Even if it *is* unlocked, I bet T-Mobile handles the updates.
This typically means that if you're not on T-Mobile (service), you can't get them, without reconnecting it to them.
Some carriers won't let a branded phone (from another carrier) operate for tethering, as well, that varies, depending on both the carrier and device.

I suppose they could be using the OP update, direct, but I sort of doubt it, the ones T-Mobile will sell will likely be a custom ROM.

These can be easy to miss, or overlook, potentially, IMHO.

I'm going to wait for an 855 powered phone, myself, it's really the next "big leap" forward, given that most of the manufacturers are sort of fumbling around, trying to figure out how to (mostly) make the same h/w seem unique.

I'm really, really hoping OP goes to a 4K display though, that's the biggest thing keeping them from matching the other flagships, I still use my 6P for testing, and it still has a better display (than my OP6), even though it's significantly older.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
As other users above me stated, we can't be one hundred percent sure but I'm guessing that the 6T will be dual SIM.

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Sure, it will probably be dual-SIM, but I'm pretty sure that to-date, T-Mobile disables the 2nd SIM, in their ROM versions?
Even if they leave the 2nd SIM slot active, it's still likely to be their custom-ROM, which means you have to get most updates from T-Mobile, over their network, exclusively, this is a big downside of almost any branded-phone out there.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
It does not. It's single SIM only.

Because of this, I ordered from OnePlus. I should get it tomorrow.

Thx. That's a drawback. I really want the option as I travel. Will go directly with oneplus. Hope I could take advantage of the T-Mobile offer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tchester55