7" 4g Tablet as Phone

gergs11

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking in to using a 7" 4g tablet as my next phone. I refuse to pay for internet at home after paying for unlimited data for my phone. Using my phone as my main home browser gets old sometimes so I want a bigger screen. A 7" screen while difficult to carry around is a compromise between a phone screen and 10" tablet. Sometimes I don't know if I'd have the best of both worlds or the worst of both types of device. I'd love to try the Galaxy Note but I want to stick with Verizon to keep unlimited data.

I guess what I'm looking for are other opinions/perspectives on the subject. I have to act soon if I'm going to keep this unlimited data.

Spookydad

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting idea but it would seem to me that would be combining the worst features of both worlds.

I only surf the Web on my phone when I am unable to get to a laptop or desktop. For me, the lack of a real keyboard and mouse make the phone a poor choice for Internet access. A poor choice is still better than no choice.
If your phone will support tethering, then why not get a cheap wifi only 10" tablet and use your phone as a hotspot?

I am guessing that you don't do a lot of online multi player gaming or other speed critical applications.

Neil

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

ardidito

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised there wasn't more interest in this. I thought I was going to get a Nexus 7 and use bluetooth/headphones/speaker and talk to people on Google Voice.

The data is so much cheaper, per GB.

Anyone who has done it and can speak to their experience? If you're going to have a tablet anyway..