7 days and this EVO LTE is going back!

Minotking

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
After 7 days with this I am going to keep the EVO. What do we really Know about the GS3 on SPRINT. Majority of us won't have 4G where we are located. And I just pure like the feel and way the EVO looks plus I don't want the same phone everyone else has.

Reactions: Mercury81

shadowhawk2020

May 20, 2010
Visit site
After 7 days with this I am going to keep the EVO. What do we really Know about the GS3 on SPRINT. Majority of us won't have 4G where we are located. And I just pure like the feel and way the EVO looks plus I don't want the same phone everyone else has.

Seems like an odd reason not to buy a phone. Who knows which is better, we haven' t seen enough of the North American Galaxy to say one way or another. But to say "I don't care if a phone is better or not I won't have a popular phone" seems childish.

Minotking

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Seems like an odd reason not to buy a phone. Who knows which is better, we haven' t seen enough of the North American Galaxy to say one way or another. But to say "I don't care if a phone is better or not I won't have a popular phone" seems childish.

well from the reviews I think they will likely rate around each other with one being stronger at one thing and the other stronger at another. And with that being said I like the look of the evo a lot more. And I also like to have something unique.

shadowhawk2020

May 20, 2010
Visit site
well from the reviews I think they will likely rate around each other with one being stronger at one thing and the other stronger at another. And with that being said I like the look of the evo a lot more. And I also like to have something unique.

I get it, but all things being equal I will take dev support and variety of good accessories over unique. Again, we don't know which oh the two will have those things but unique falls way down the list for me.

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I was gonna trade mine in for the gs3, but will just keep it and hope HTC will send us all a fix for the glitches it has. I can't give up this screen.

I bought the new car dock today! Love it...

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was gonna trade mine in for the gs3, but will just keep it and hope HTC will send us all a fix for the glitches it has. I can't give up this screen.

I will say up front I frekin LOVE my original Evo. It made me an HTC fanboy. I still am, it is one solid, fast and awesome phone.

I can put up with a lot just to keep in the HTC family but MAN they made a mistake on this phone. Nothing that cannot be fixed but wow it is really bad the way it kills apps. My original Evo did not do that!

There has got to be a way to fix that such as writing a snapshot image to the internal memory. I would rather have the small delay then my game restart.

I played with System tuner and set the System tweaks preset to very light and that did seem to allow me to have about 4 apps in the list that would not need a restart. I could live with that and that included running the police scanner app in the background. Cool I thought. Then I sat the phone down and when I picked it up to test again the 4 that should have been fine then closed. So it killed them anyway when it did not need to. LAME! So that is not a solution.

The thing that upset me was they supposedly said it was behaving the way it was intended? REALLY? Do the people that say that actually USE the phone??? Have they ever had a game going and get a call only to have to restart the game when the call is over? That was intended? If so that SUCKS! I would rather them say it is a problem and they will address it. Okay testing it a call did not do that but I bet it does with some apps and it does indeed do it overall so my point is still valid. i:)i

To be fair not all games close like that and I bet that most software could be written differently so they would not close and have to be restarted like that. So it is not 100% an HTC problem but if a good chunk of apps are not written well then what? Hell on my iPad (hey work paid for it so) I can have dozens of apps listed and available to just re-run. I bet the iPhone is like that as well and I HATE the iPhone.

I bought the new car dock today! Love it...

Which one did you get? I got the Sprint one but it is only so so. Kind of cheap. I think I want a different one.

Last edited: