A Fix For the Data Issue and the Ability to Stick it To Verizon

Adam Z

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This update issue is just like when Verizon updated the Thunderbolt and thousands started getting reboots. VZW at first denied, then said they had no idea what was wrong. The bottom line is that it took months to get an update fix out. And that's the only way to solve the problem. Factory resets, new sim cards, reboots, etc... will not solve the problem.

I for one, had Verizon send me a replacement phone. Is it a certified like new? Yes, but that's ok.

The phone does not have the bugged update so it's running on 4.1.2 but the old build of that which doesn't include the latest stuff. And it's running great. The phone is fast, it connects to everything instantly and is like having a new phone.

I'd strongly recommend getting the CLNR. First it costs Verizon money to have to ship all of these phones back and forth and then fix the broken ones. So it's kind of like sticking it to them, a little bit at least. Second, you will have a working GS3 again and that's the bottom line.

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree there is nothing wrong with sticking to Verizon but I paid for a NEW device and why should I settle for a refrub. This is their fault and they should give me a new one just like I started why. Just my two cents.

Sent From Galaxy S3

Bebusy

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Well I definitely understand wanting your new and original phone to work, but the bottom line is only a software update is going to fix it and that will take weeks if not months.
I got the replacement in two days, took a hour to set it up and if it didn't say CLNR on the peel off label, I would have no idea it's not new.
The phone is flying fast and running the previous firmware.
You can do this, root your phone, or complain for who knows how long you'll complain about not having a working phone.

Posted via Android Central App

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I swapped my phone to cdma/lte and it has been working better. No complainning here champ. I just believe in doing what is righr but most compainies have lost that ability. Dont get me wrong if it gets worse I may do what I need to do since I'm paying for 4g

Sent From Galaxy S3

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I got my replacement yesterday, rooted and backed the OTA update that kept trying to install. It may be a refurbished phone when my original was only a month old but it's as good as new so I guess I'll keep it. However, I will ask Verizon for a one week credit on my bill since I couldn't use data since the update.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I do not see how switching from global to cdma/lte makes a difference. The main reason for that switch is to avoid roaming fees for some regions. Not seeing how a signal improvement will result and did not see improvement myself.

That said, if happier, good!

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I do not see how switching from global to cdma/lte makes a difference. The main reason for that switch is to avoid roaming fees for some regions. Not seeing how a signal improvement will result and did not see improvement myself.

That said, if happier, good!

Yeah scratch what I said in my previous post. It was working better for almost the whole day. Today I cannot even send a text again. So yeah you are right my friend. Who knows I may just bite the bullet and send mine in but I can wait it out a little longer. I am sure they are working on some kind of fix for it.

Trilliumknits

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
My replacement phone worked for about a day before the data was screwed up again. I'm kicking myself for hoping that the update would work better on a fresh phone. I now have to decide whether to root so I can flash a previous version, or live with crippled data service until a fix comes out. As if I wasn't already sick to death with Verizon.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Root it people! I did it to my replacement because I messed up my original trying to flash something different

:)

irocroe

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I so agree with this!!! We paid for a brand new one and some paid full price. That was due to unlimited. But because it was their mistake, they should send a brand new phone.

D R Lewis

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I just got my g3 replaced by Assurion and it drops calls continually!! What the hell am I supposed to do first cn you answer this for me?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais