A problem with changing lock screen pattern

Ahmadroid

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,
My device is Galaxy tab s2 9.7; running Android 6.0.1
I was using a pattern as lock screen, then I tried to use the fingerprint but it required a password, I tried to write a password but it didn't work. Then I surprised that it turned spontaneously into a swipe. I tried to reuse the pattern but it is requiring a password that I did not put or know it..
Please see those pics

Screenshot_20160921-134723-01.jpeg

When I press the "swipe " in order to change it, it requires a password! Like this:
Screenshot_20160921-134946-01.jpeg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you first tried to change to fingerprint unlock, did it ask you to create a backup password, or did it ask you to enter a previously created password?

Ahmadroid

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
When you first tried to change to fingerprint unlock, did it ask you to create a backup password, or did it ask you to enter a previously created password?

Yes ı did set a fingerprint when I bought it and did set a recovery password but I didn't remember it, well but I tried to use possible words, numbers,... many times (>40 times) ,,, it did not asked me if I forgot it neither made any action!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, but that's the problem with forgetting passwords--it wouldn't be a very good security system if it were easy to bypass.:-\ If this is a crucial issue for you, you may just have to do a factory reset. Just be aware that after the reset, you'll have to enter your Google account information and password to start the Setup Wizard again.

Ahmadroid

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry, but that's the problem with forgetting passwords--it wouldn't be a very good security system if it were easy to bypass.:-\ If this is a crucial issue for you, you may just have to do a factory reset. Just be aware that after the reset, you'll have to enter your Google account information and password to start the Setup Wizard again.

Ok dear,,
Suppose that I did forget the password! Now the tab is under the simple swipe locking pattern!
If I go through to change it and just press on "swipe" ,that is already activated, as in this..
Screenshot_20160921-134723-01.jpeg

You see, I don't want to activate the fingerprint, but this appeared:
Screenshot_20160921-134946-01.jpeg

Yes, and my device isn't locked now! It's just a swipe lock -_-

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it revert to fingerprint if you put the phone to sleep and wait long enough? Or does it still unlock with a swipe after being asleep for a while (e.g., overnight)?

Ahmadroid

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Dear Diddy
I'm so happy I got my problem solved!
I don't know how and why this worked
After I tried tens of possible passwords I tried to just write a "space" 0_0
I think it was a transient madness of my tablet
Anyhow, thanks a lot for you for being caring

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads