A question for Android tablet users

Feb 13, 2021
Visit site
Hi there,

For the users who use Android tablets, do you often user Android's split screen mode where you'll have two apps running side by side? If so, is it also common for you to expect the feature where you can drag and drop items from one app to the other? For example, dragging a photo from the Photos app to your email client where you are composing an email.

Lastly, what are these apps you commonly use in split screen mode and do they have a drag and drop features?

Thanks for your time!

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
I mostly just use YouTube in split screen with some other app, which is either Firefox, Messenger or some social media app. I don't really do any drag and drop in split screen.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Almost never but my "tablet" is the Lenovo Duet with the keyboard. I sometimes have Messages on while I'm reading the news and can switch back and forth as I need to. I've never pulled something from one app to another. I use the keyboard for that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Almost never but my "tablet" is the Lenovo Duet with the keyboard. I sometimes have Messages on while I'm reading the news and can switch back and forth as I need to. I've never pulled something from one app to another. I use the keyboard for that.

It's a great little device, isn't it?:)

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought one for a friends daughter to use for remote school and when I helped her set it up I was impressed enough I bought one for myself and sent one to my daughter. It's in my daypack for me to use when I'm not at home with my Acer Spin 713. A friend asked me to show her what a chromebook was and by the time I left her home she had ordered a Duet for herself. She loves it.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I apologize for wandering off track. I don't use split screen, either. I also don't compose emails with an on-screen keyboard. When I use Google Docs it calls up photos on the side and I drag and drop from there.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I often use a social media app while messaging friends on the Verizon message+ app. I also use the floating windows when sharing pics with friends, messaging and on social media. I love it 😍