A15 over A9

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Indeed it did. I checked out some more comparisons between the two and the Tegra 3 comes out on top in most of them. :-(

Which ones? The video that was posted on the blog showed the S4 version besting the Tegra 3 version in everything except quadrant (which is old and dated anyway). Even animations looked a little faster.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
nearly all the videos ive seen... show tegra 3 to be a piece of junk... Cant believe they put the s4 in the one s and not the x

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
nearly all the videos ive seen... show tegra 3 to be a piece of junk... Cant believe they put the s4 in the one s and not the x

Because people instantly think more cores=better. I wouldn't call Tegra 3 junk, I just don't find it to be cutting edge. Take what we already have, add more cores...Sure, they had to perform some handiwork to make that happen, but it isn't inherently impressive. It's like the old school V8 (not that V8s can't be technologically impressive) vs. a twin turbo'd V6 that has a whole range of engineering feats. The per core performance of the S4 is way ahead of the Tegra 3. Tegra 3 can do better on benchmarks that emphasize extra cores. But the majority of the user experience on any phone is swiping around homescreens, checking facebook, checking email, using other basic apps, and in general performing tasks that don't really require multiple cores. I think that's why in the video the S4 looks to navigate around the homescreens and app drawer more smoothly than Tegra 3 does. Those are tasks that are probably only using 1-2 cores on either version, and in that case the S4 just gets it done much faster.