A50 lost Wi-Fi Calling with Android 10 Upgrade? Any help, here?

copacetic333

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
Greetings,

I purchased my unlocked A50 from B&H Photo New York as a Latin American variant but North America compatible. It is a model SM-A505G. Everything works just dandy except for two things; Wi-Fi Calling and Call Forwarding. My carrier (AT&T MVNO) assured me on several occasions that both are enabled for my account.

The phone came with Android Pie. I had Wi-Fi calling as an option in Phone Settings, although it never really worked. It connected and I could hear the other party but they could not hear me. Called Samsung on this but they had no solution. I was hoping Android 10 would solve this problem.

When I got the Android 10 upgrade, I completely lost Wi-Fi Calling as an option. It is not there in Phone Settings anymore – it is also gone from the help if I do a search. Is this because the phone is a Latin American variant?

Spent quite a bit of time trying to get Call Forwarding to work with my carrier Tech Support. It gets all the way to the point of entering the forward to phone number and when I execute the command to forward I get “Failed to read data Something went wrong. Check your SIM card or network connection then try again.” They have given up trying to fix this.

I have use for either of these two features on occasion because I go into metal buildings that block cell service.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

copacetic333

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

Do you think if I tried a different carrier like Mint Mobile (T-Mobile) it might work?

This is my first Samsung phone. I like most everything about it except for these two issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali