Abnormal Network

Anotherusr

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
So I've attached a picture of the error, I have two days to take this phone back to best buy if that's what I need to do and get another one. This error comes up randomly daily for maybe 3 seconds at a time and it's hard to catch a picture of it. I wasted a hour in Verizon today because the guy never heard of the error and he just went and Google'd it the same as I already had done then told me he had no idea. Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.

Attachments

• 20190904_181411.jpg
    20190904_181411.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 24

hooligan03

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
no, you can actually reset all networks settings to default in settings. just go in there and search for reset network and you should find it. may also try clearing system cache in recovery mode as well....

Anotherusr

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
no, you can actually reset all networks settings to default in settings. just go in there and search for reset network and you should find it. may also try clearing system cache in recovery mode as well....

I'll try those two things, before I try it let me ask, am I going to have to setup all my Bluetooth devices and wifi spots again?

You have any issues with wifi or data?

Only issue I've seen is I get in a bad service part of my building at work and my phone will go into 1x than when I'm out of that area it won't switch back to 4g unless I turn airplane mode on and off. This only happens occasionally.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'll try those two things, before I try it let me ask, am I going to have to setup all my Bluetooth devices and wifi spots again?

Only issue I've seen is I get in a bad service part of my building at work and my phone will go into 1x than when I'm out of that area it won't switch back to 4g unless I turn airplane mode on and off. This only happens occasionally.
Is that when the error appears?

hooligan03

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
yes, I believe that you will have to setup up BT and wifi again... good question Mustang asked though? was that when you got the error when you were in a bad service area?

Anotherusr

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
yes, I believe that you will have to setup up BT and wifi again... good question Mustang asked though? was that when you got the error when you were in a bad service area?

I tried what you said, I'll see if the message comes back up. I may still stop by best buy tomorrow and talk to the Samsung rep and see if he knows anything. I just don't wanna get stuck with a long term issue. Would be great if this fixes it though. My phone is dying way faster than my wife's phone so I dunno if this has anything to do with that but that's another issue.

Anotherusr

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site

Sadly I'm still getting the abnormal network error. 4 bars of service, it's hard to catch it on screen shot. Once I was sending a message and another time I was looking at social media.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sadly I'm still getting the abnormal network error. 4 bars of service, it's hard to catch it on screen shot. Once I was sending a message and another time I was looking at social media.
You can try safe mode , it will disable 3red party apps

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm going back to best buy tomorrow morning. I'll ask for a new phone and new sim card. Hopefully they have another blue note in stock.
I did a quick search and found the same issue was happening on IP cameras. Do you have IP cameras installed in your home? If so, check the app that controls them. It's possible that your getting an alert that isn't even related to the phone.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I did a quick search and found the same issue was happening on IP cameras. Do you have IP cameras installed in your home? If so, check the app that controls them. It's possible that your getting an alert that isn't even related to the phone.

that was my thought too, maybe only reconnect 1 external device at a time to see if you get the error from a specific device

Anotherusr

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site

I have a security system alarm app (Vivint) on my phone and in that app you can control the temperature, lock/unlock the doors, and look at the security cameras. Would this be considered ip cameras or is an ip camera something not through an app?

I also have a baby monitor app, that I can watch my child on. Does that count?

that was my thought too, maybe only reconnect 1 external device at a time to see if you get the error from a specific device

When you say only connect one external device at a time what do you mean? Sorry I'm a little slow on this one lol.

Go please don't hesitate, exchange it within the time limit for a new one, or you'll be getting a refurbished one.

I'm siting in best buy now, they don't have any blue note + to exchange me, only black. Today is my last day to replace. They told me id have to give them my phone and wait four days for a blue phone and buy have a phone, which is ridiculous. Something told me not to trade my Damm phone on just incase something happened. I'm waiting on them making calls to figure out if there's something else they can do for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabsixfamily80