AC editors have the Note 10+ in-hand and we're answering your Q's!

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Just like the S10 series, there's a super basic screen protector installed. If you don't like screen protectors, you'll peel it right off and be much happier. If you do like screen protectors ... you'll peel it right off and put a better one on. It's pretty simple and cheap-feeling.

:) Well put, and amusing.

As an aside, why expect anything really good as a toss-in on a phone like this? It's not like it is a high end phone running around $1,000 or so.

Oh, wait....:p

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
I have a pre-ordered black Note 10+ 512GB 5G unit. I used NetRadio on my note 8 with no issue - using the radio circuitry in the phone. However, NetRadio cannot find the AM/FM circuitry in my new Note 10+...
Darn! Looks like they may have phased out FM along with the headphone jack. Too bad...

runfar262

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
I downloaded a wallpaper from Zedge and a set of icons from Samsung. Now when I try to use "dark mode" I get a message saying that 'dark mode" can't be used with "themes." So one wallpaper and an icon set is considered a "theme?" Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :)

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So if there is no longer an indicator light on top of the screen, how does one know if say a text message or email arrived?? Do you have to manually turn on your phone?

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Darn! Looks like they may have phased out FM along with the headphone jack. Too bad...

The FM radio is still there; part of Snapdragon 855. Verizon Tier 2 tech support just confirmed to me that it is blocked on the network. I reminded the tech that they haven't been blocking FM for a while now and cited past several devices I've used it on successfully. He agreed and is escalating it. I figure it is just an oversight by VZ during the launch. I'm due an update by end of week (not holding my breath).

So there it is FWIW.

runfar262

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
When the phone is plugged in, is there a way to get rid of the notification that say 100% fully charged. It never goes away, unless one disconnects the charger plug. I have kept every Note I ever owned plugged in all the time. Never had a battery issue. Now I am just afraid of screen burn in with this notification that never goes away. Ay, ay, ay......

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
The FM radio is still there; part of Snapdragon 855. Verizon Tier 2 tech support just confirmed to me that it is blocked on the network. I reminded the tech that they haven't been blocking FM for a while now and cited past several devices I've used it on successfully. He agreed and is escalating it. I figure it is just an oversight by VZ during the launch. I'm due an update by end of week (not holding my breath).

So there it is FWIW.
Not sure Verizon has anything to do with it. The S10 has the same chipset as the Note 10/+ and it supports FM. My original concern was with the headphone jack removed, the Note will not support it (FM uses wired headphones, connected to a 3.5mm jack, as the antenna).

From what I've read so far, it doesn't seem like it's still supported. FM tuner apps that used to work will no longer detect the necessary hardware.

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Not sure Verizon has anything to do with it. The S10 has the same chipset as the Note 10/+ and it supports FM. My original concern was with the headphone jack removed, the Note will not support it (FM uses wired headphones, connected to a 3.5mm jack, as the antenna).

From what I've read so far, it doesn't seem like it's still supported. FM tuner apps that used to work will no longer detect the necessary hardware.

There is still a wired option with USB C. NextRadio indicated at one time their compatibility with USB C connected headphones vs. the old 3.5mm jack. So the antenna would still exist. Who knows if they've actually implemented this though. Agree it looks likely unlikely FM will survive.

7h3d34f0n3

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
There is still a wired option with USB C. NextRadio indicated at one time their compatibility with USB C connected headphones vs. the old 3.5mm jack. So the antenna would still exist. Who knows if they've actually implemented this though. Agree it looks likely unlikely FM will survive.

That could be a shame if that is phased out. I like the idea of having an on the go radio with me as long as I remembered to keep a pair of headphones in my Jeep.

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
That could be a shame if that is phased out. I like the idea of having an on the go radio with me as long as I remembered to keep a pair of headphones in my Jeep.
We should know for sure based on the Exnyos version of the Note. Apparently the Exnyos S10 comes with the stock Samsung FM tuner app preinstalled. If that is not the case on the Exnyos Note 10's, that should all but confirm it's no longer supported.

We've heard crickets from the reviewers about it. Not sure why this thread was set up if questions are going to be ignored anyway?

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
The NextRadio app on the Google Store while used with the Note 8, even when the headphones not plugged in, would work but would show bad reception. I used Smart switch to move all the apps over to my Verizon Black Note 10+ 512GB 5G (made in Korea, manufactured in July) and did try the app again - didn't work - so uninstalled and then reinstalled it - got an error message saying it could not find any FM circuitry to talk to... However, I tried again just now to make sure, with the usb-c headphones plugged in... same result. See the picture...
79e4c82196adc0f446696d53bd5fe972.jpg

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
We should know for sure based on the Exnyos version of the Note. Apparently the Exnyos S10 comes with the stock Samsung FM tuner app preinstalled. If that is not the case on the Exnyos Note 10's, that should all but confirm it's no longer supported.

We've heard crickets from the reviewers about it. Not sure why this thread was set up if questions are going to be ignored anyway?
"Not sure why this thread was set up if questions are going to be ignored anyway?" Did you think there is someone that is paid to and responsible for answering all questions...?

dekatch

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
Honestly, I think they're vastly improved over the Galaxy Note 9 and S10 series, but I don't think my colleagues will agree. They're tighter and more granular, especially while typing, and overall I'm pretty happy with them. They're not quite Pixel 3 or iPhone good, but they're better.
ios autocorrect will agree. anything else with brain will disSagree. haha, ios has better haptics hahaha

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Could it be possible that the nextradio app needs updating to work with the Note 10 FM chip or system ?
Snapdragon used to have the fm chip and Exynos not

7h3d34f0n3

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I had a phone at one point (not sure what one) my carrier (Verizon) had to enable the FM chip through an update. Maybe they are waiting to make sure everything else is in good order before flipping the switch on their end.

Could it be possible that the nextradio app needs updating to work with the Note 10 FM chip or system ?
Snapdragon used to have the fm chip and Exynos not

Or it could be a combination of carrier & app. who knows.

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
I had a phone at one point (not sure what one) my carrier (Verizon) had to enable the FM chip through an update. Maybe they are waiting to make sure everything else is in good order before flipping the switch on their end.

Or it could be a combination of carrier & app. who knows.
This is why it would be great to have an answer one way or the other, to end the speculation.

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This is why it would be great to have an answer one way or the other, to end the speculation.

Per Samsung Tech ... no fm radio.

"I would like to inform you that the FM radio is not a chip which is available on the processor of the phone. It is a separate feature on the phone and the US versions of Samsung phones does not have the FM radio option."