AC Sideload Wonder Machine for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaLamer

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
works on Motorola Milestone xt720 - Cincinnati Bell

Discovered z4root on another forum and realized I had to bite the bullet and learn to side-load to get it working. Used the beta in post #16 and it worked.

Here is what I had to do;

• Enter USB Debugging Mode
  • Connect for "Portal & Tools"

If I used memory card (SD card) access the device wouldn't be found.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
they do install w/o any probs.. just to make sure, any suggestions? im running pdanet, facebook, espn score center, ect.. are they big enough or should i try something else? i have tried doing it w/ pdanet off and w/ it on

I hate to say it, and I know you don't want to hear it, but I would suggest a factory reset on your phone.

everytime i select the app and try to install it says cant find part of path 'C:\payload\to_install.apk'. How do i fix this problem?

Have a look here
http://forum.androidcentral.com/and...g-issues-sideload-wonder-machine-windows.html

hi guys... I am new and have a Captivate. I could not run the Sideload Wonder Machine interface due to the .NET framework error. I was able to load the Sirius XM ap though. I am new to this... but here goes... after connecting the phone to the PC (enable USB debugging and mounting), downloading the Sideloader Wonder Machine zip files, and unzipping to your desktop, follow the steps below:
1. Copy the .apk ap from your phone
2. Paste the .apk ap to the Payload folder located in the AC-SWM folder you unzipped
3. Double click on the loader MS-DOS Batch file
4. Click Run
5. A DOS window opens, click any key to continue
6. If you receive a "success: message in the DOS window, your .apk loaded to your phone!
7. Close everything out
8. Unmount the phone
9. Uncheck USB debugging (not sure you need to, but what the heck)
10. Open the ap on your phone and enjoy!

Hope this works, it did for me...

:) that's why I'm using batch files and not coding the commands into the app. Really wish I could troubleshoot .NET framework errors though

mine says failed_older_sdk

what does that mean?????????????
2.2 update 1
captivate

Open the program, and click the diagnostics button. Run both tools, tell us what they say or better yet, screenshot them.

doesnt recognize my device htc aria running debug mode and all still nothing

Sounds like a Windows driver fail. Look here
http://forum.androidcentral.com/and...g-issues-sideload-wonder-machine-windows.html

i keep getting unhandled excepton has occurred could not find a part of the the path 'C:\AC_SWM\payload\to_install.apk'

im using an htc aria and windows 7

Sounds like the program is not in the right location, Look here

corwyn74

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
That was perfect! Much easier than rooting if you just want to side load apps

Title says it all, it worked perfectly the first time. I downloaded, followed instructions and installed a "3rd party" app on an HTC Aria quickly and easily. Thank you:D

jtkirk86

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
got it to work just fine, thanks great app. Wanted to know where does it put the app files? I see in system/app all the apps i install from market but these are not in there, anyone know where they go?

Les#AC

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a Motorola BackFlip with Android 2.1 (eclair), my OS is Vista Business,I downloaded AC-SWM-v10.zip (409.9 KB, 4107 views), Driver Software Insallatin says

USB COmposite Device Ready to Use
Motorola USB ADB interface Waiting for user input...
USB Mass Storage Device Ready to use
Motorla MB300 USB Device Ready to Use

but when I try to use it I get an Error Message that says "error: device not found". Will some PLEASE tell me what I might be doing wrong??

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
got it to work just fine, thanks great app. Wanted to know where does it put the app files? I see in system/app all the apps i install from market but these are not in there, anyone know where they go?

/data/app/ is where all third party apps go

Quick question...how do I delete an app that was added using the swm?

You'll have to use an app deleter or look in menu>settings>applications>manage applications, pick the app and choose uninstall.

works perfectly. way better than before!!! thanks!!

Thanks!

I have a Motorola BackFlip with Android 2.1 (eclair), my OS is Vista Business,I downloaded AC-SWM-v10.zip (409.9 KB, 4107 views), Driver Software Insallatin says

USB COmposite Device Ready to Use
Motorola USB ADB interface Waiting for user input...
USB Mass Storage Device Ready to use
Motorla MB300 USB Device Ready to Use

but when I try to use it I get an Error Message that says "error: device not found". Will some PLEASE tell me what I might be doing wrong??

The driver isn't working. The ADB interface is what we need working for this. Uninstall the driver, and try installing it again without your phone plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa Oliver