AC Sideload Wonder Machine for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

masonicaero

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
First time poster, but I've followed this forum for a while. Some feedback:

Errors I encountered following the instructions (though there may have been something I missed):
1) "Device Not Found" - Check that you "mount" your phone to the computer. This may not be important for all devices, but my Samsung Captivate requires user input to mount.
2) "Device Not Found" - Follow the instructions on the diagnosis prompt. The USB driver for the Samsung Captivate can be found HERE.

Admittedly user errors (and novice ones at that), but I'm all for novice users educating themselves and troubleshooting. Thank you so much for this device. Works like a charm!

System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit AMD
Device: Samsung Captivate, Android 2.1

funky monk

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Got it working on my Aria (ATT) on the second try. First time gave me a "protocol failure" so I just did it again with no problems. Easy program to use. Keep up the good work guys.

mrrdfletcher

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I had to use the beta version. This utility is great for those of us with tablets that cannot access the google android market directly. Now I can access Kindle for Android thanks to you guys!

Maahes0

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm running into an error and I believe it's due to the fact that when I had to replace my HD on this computer it installed my main HD as H:\ instead of C:\. C:\ went to one of the media card slots. What do I need to edit to get this to work?

When I click on diagnostics:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at AC_SWM.frmDiag.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///H:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AC_SWM
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///H:/AC_SWM/AC_SWM.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///H:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///H:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///H:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///H:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///H:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///H:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited:

tintillo

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Followed post 16 and everything seemed to work perfectly. If I could fix the GPS, that went down with JH7, and a good version of Froyo to upgrade, I will be in heaven.
THANK YOU GBHIL!!

stevemedia

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I posted in the other thread but I think it's been missed.
I hope someone can help me with this .

"First post but I have been reading reams and reams of useful info for a while now. Thanks to all.
Mind you, even after all the reading I can only get as far as:-

'loader.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM\payload>cd ..

C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM>loader.bat
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine v. 1.1
Make sure your phone is plugged in, and
USB debugging is enabled on your phone

List of devices attached
644213c9dada device

You should see the serial number of your Android
phone above. If so, continue. If not, make sure
you have installed the USB driver for your phone,
and make sure that USB debugging is enabled.

Press any key to continue . . ."

And this is where I am lost.
The "644213c9dada " is not the same as the Serial number in battery compartment of my Samsung I5801. It's "RVIZ966404M".
Can anyone help me with this, why the difference? More importantly, is it ok to proceed?"
best wishes
Steve

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
I posted in the other thread but I think it's been missed.
I hope someone can help me with this .

"First post but I have been reading reams and reams of useful info for a while now. Thanks to all.
Mind you, even after all the reading I can only get as far as:-

'loader.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM\payload>cd ..

C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM>loader.bat
Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine v. 1.1
Make sure your phone is plugged in, and
USB debugging is enabled on your phone

List of devices attached
644213c9dada device

You should see the serial number of your Android
phone above. If so, continue. If not, make sure
you have installed the USB driver for your phone,
and make sure that USB debugging is enabled.

Press any key to continue . . ."

And this is where I am lost.
The "644213c9dada " is not the same as the Serial number in battery compartment of my Samsung I5801. It's "RVIZ966404M".
Can anyone help me with this, why the difference? More importantly, is it ok to proceed?"
best wishes
Steve

That's fine. The serial number reported by ADB (and thusly -- the SWM) is different from your device ID. In most cases, as long as you see a number and not a blank line, unknown, or ?????????? all is well.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I am having issues Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK] What in the world is that and how so I fix it? Please help me:mad:

Try a different app. The one you're trying top load was made for a newer version of Android.

I'm running into an error and I believe it's due to the fact that when I had to replace my HD on this computer it installed my main HD as H:\ instead of C:\. C:\ went to one of the media card slots. What do I need to edit to get this to work?

Unzip the program to your H drive.
Open the file named loader.bat and edit line 11 to read:
Code:
H:\AC_SWM\adb install H:\AC_SWM\payload\*.apk
Open the file reloader.bat and edit line 11 to read:
Code:
H:\AC_SWM\adb install -r H:\AC_SWM\payload\*.apk

You won't be able to use the front end GUI for the app, but it was built for just such an emergency :) YOUR directions are as follows:
  • Place the apk file you want to load into the H:\AC_SWM\payload\ folder.
  • If it is a fresh install, run the loader.bat file
  • If it is upgrading an existing app, run the reloader.bat file
  • When finished, be sure to delete the .apk file from the payload folder, only one .apk file at a time can be present.
Note you will still need the USB driver for your phone model.

Good luck!

Reactions: Maahes0

Uncle Spellbinder

Dec 27, 2010
www.facebook.com
I gotta say THANK YOU! I've been trying to figure out a way to get Firefox 4 Mobile Beta 3 installed. Ran accross this thread via the Mozillazine Forums (Firefox Mobile section). Followed the instructions in Post 16 here and all went smoothly with my Samsung Captivate Galaxy S (AT&T). So glad I found this place.

Now, on to scour all that is Android Central...

laserpanda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I still get the error about not having .NET v4.0.30319 after installing it, and restarting.

OS is W7 x64, phone is a Samsung Captivate.

edit: using loader.bat gets me the insufficient storage error

Last edited:

stevemedia

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Success

Hi,
Thanks for your response, will check it out tonight.
bests wishes
Steve

Thanks a bunch. ASWM worked a treat. Z4root sideloaded and successfully rooted my I5801 on UK Orange.
All I have to do is fathom out what I need to get rid of all of the "bloatware" my service provider dumped on the phone.

Can any one talk me through it, what do I need to download to get to delete these unwanted apps?

best wishes
Steve

RockSolid#AC

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Sideload Wonder Machine 1.1 public beta
20fc19s.png

1. This has not been publicly tested, so it gets the BETA tag. It has been through a good bit of private testing, and it's time to put it out there for bug reports. The download is attached to the bottom of this post. The source will follow once I'm satisfied the BETA isn't broken.

2. You will still need to install the Microsoft .NET 4 framework. You can find a direct download from Microsoft right here.

3. To install version 1.1 of the SWM, you need to place the AC_SWM folder that is inside the zip file you downloaded on your C:\ drive. Don't place it in any subfolder. Don't remove any files or folders from the AC_SWM folder. Doing it this way (manually copying the folder) keeps us from having to write to the Windows registry. Nobody wants to do that.

• Open the downloaded zip file with your favorite zip file utility. Or just use Windows and double click it.
  • In a separate window, open My Computer and navigate to your C:\ drive. If you don't have a C:\ drive, you already know what you're doing and will need to create one.
  • Drag the AC_SWM folder from the zip file into your C:\ drive.
2dlotp4.jpg

Inside the AC_SWM folder is the program itself. LEAVE IT WHERE IT IS. You can create a shortcut to the application anywhere you like, but the program itself needs to stay put.

You will also need to install the adb USB driver for your phone. You can find this at the manufacturers site. The application will not, and can not function without this. Refer to your device specific forum for help if needed.

You will need to enable USB debugging to use the SWM. On your phone:
menu->settings->Applications->Development . Check the box that says USB Debugging.

To use the SWM:
  • Connect your phone to your computer.
  • Make sure your phone is not set to act as a USB device.
  • Make sure your phone is not set to act as a USB modem.
  • Make sure any applications or windows that open and run when you plug your phone in are disabled. This includes doubleTwist and WinAmp, as well as device or carrier specific programs.
  • Open the Sideload Wonder Machine program on your computer.
  • Use the "Choose APK" button to find the .apk file of the application you want to install. It's a standard windows dialog. Just select it and choose "open".
  • You'll see a popup that tells you exactly what file is being prepared to be installed. If this is correct, click OK in that window.
  • Press the "Install" button to install the application to your phone. If you are upgrading an app that already exists, be sure to check the box to let the program know.
  • A window will open. Read what the window says. If there is no error message, everything went as planned and your application is now installed.

If there is an error, while your phone is plugged in open the diagnostics window via the "Diagnostics" button. Run both diagnostic tools. Read the output of them, and look for the error. If you are unable to resolve the error, please provide a screenshot of both diagnostic windows for better help.
Good instructions gbhil. Thanks! I had the "device offline" problem, and after a couple hours of trial and error, I stumbled onto this helpful hint and finally got it to work. Please add it to your instructions: Possible Solution for ADB Device Off-line - Android Developers | Google Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.