Adaptive Power Saving - What does it actually do and how?

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I knew about adaptive battery (even though a little hard to find) but unless my memory fails me...I was unaware of adaptive power saving until today! Doesn't seem to have any settings??? I could understand something like having it turn on when the battery reaches a certain discharge state but there seems to be nothing about it???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, I knew about adaptive battery (even though a little hard to find) but unless my memory fails me...I was unaware of adaptive power saving until today! Doesn't seem to have any settings??? I could understand something like having it turn on when the battery reaches a certain discharge state but there seems to be nothing about it???
I think the link I previously shared has been modified, because I no longer see a mention of Adaptive Power Saving Mode in it (whereas I'm pretty sure it was there before). Anyway, here's another explanation from a Samsung Community moderator: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/adaptive-power-saving-mode/td-p/7391387

I think the thing about Adaptive Power Saving is that it allows the phone to intelligently toggle on Power Saving Mode based on your usage pattern -- so there are no settings for you to adjust apart from turning it on or off.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes I understand the "words" but not the logic. Adaptive battery and adaptive power saving seems to me to be mutually exclusive...or that they both do basically the same thing. Power saving mode "can" turn things off and reduce the phones functionality. I have never "yet" experienced anything like that on its own. So I am not sure that it does anything at all.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes I understand the "words" but not the logic. Adaptive battery and adaptive power saving seems to me to be mutually exclusive...or that they both do basically the same thing. Power saving mode "can" turn things off and reduce the phones functionality. I have never "yet" experienced anything like that on its own. So I am not sure that it does anything at all.
I agree, it sounds like Samsung voodoo to me.:ROFLMAO: Since I don't use a Samsung phone as my daily driver, I can't really add any real world experience ...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Adaptive Battery> is to preserve battery capacity on how it charges your battery and how long you can go before replacing it .

Adaptive Power Save Mode>to save battery from full charge to empty from quickly draining during a course of the day limits things and notifications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter