Adaptive Power Saving - What does it actually do and how?

Jul 10, 2023
Visit site
The phone has a function - Adaptive Power Saving.
Judging by the name it has something to do with saving energy and turning on the economy mode. However, I would really like to know what exactly this function does, what it turns on and when, and using what algorithms it works.

Screenshot_20240130_214032_Device care.jpg

Jul 10, 2023
Visit site
Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately, this did not provide any new information.

Apparently, this will remain a mystery: What settings does Adaptive Power Saving change because I don't have Medium Power Saving on my phone as on video?
I always have this function enabled, but I have never seen anything change.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't use a Samsung phone as my daily driver, so I'm afraid I can't use real world experience to look into this further. Maybe @mustang7757 or others can give more insight.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Adaptive battery will do these things depending on your pattern
Reduce brightness
Turn AOD off
Reduce CPU speed to around 70%
Reduce screen to 60hz

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Adaptive battery will do these things depending on your pattern
Reduce brightness
Turn AOD off
Reduce screen to 60hz
I believe the OP is asking specifically about Adaptive Power Saving, which is separate from Adaptive Battery. I think Adaptive Power Saving will automatically switch between the various levels of power saving based on usage patterns, but I have no idea what kind of algorithm they use.

Reactions: Mihail_Lazarev

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I believe the OP is asking specifically about Adaptive Power Saving, which is separate from Adaptive Battery. I think Adaptive Power Saving will automatically switch between the various levels of power saving based on usage patterns, but I have no idea what kind of algorithm they use.
He actually did just describe adaptive power saving, he just misnamed it lol

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I asked about Adaptive Power Saving. It is still unclear when and what this function does.
As mustang7757 mentioned above, it uses a smart algorithm based on your usage patterns to adjust the following:

Reduce brightness
Turn AOD off
Reduce screen to 60hz

If you want to know exactly how it determines that, you'd have to ask a Samsung engineer. That's all up to the algorithm.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As mustang7757 mentioned above, it uses a smart algorithm based on your usage patterns to adjust the following:

Reduce brightness
Turn AOD off
Reduce screen to 60hz

If you want to know exactly how it determines that, you'd have to ask a Samsung engineer. That's all up to the algorithm.
I'll also add it puts unused apps in background to sleep when it kicks in

Jul 10, 2023
Visit site

Reduce brightness
Turn AOD off
Reduce screen to 60hz

Sorry for the unnecessary bother but it seems you described the Power Saving and Adaptive Battery function.
Because exactly Power Saving causes Reduced brightness and CPU/Hz.

I would like to know about Adaptive Power Saving.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to contact Samsung engineers. The support service is no help in this matter, they know even less than I do and cannot answer much simpler questions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240207_192822_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20240207_192822_Device care.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20240130_214032_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20240130_214032_Device care.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 11

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry for the unnecessary bother but it seems you described the Power Saving and Adaptive Battery function.
Because exactly Power Saving causes Reduced brightness and CPU/Hz.

I would like to know about Adaptive Power Saving.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to contact Samsung engineers. The support service is no help in this matter, they know even less than I do and cannot answer much simpler questions.
Adaptive means it will turn those settings on where you see power save menu when needed not all the time , when u don't have adaptive on and use power saving it's on all the time , hope that clears it up .