ADB issue

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I am having an issue with ADB. I have a Nexus 7 (2013) and I am attempting to sideload the 5.0 update. I did a new install of the SKD( I had never installed it on this laptop. I made sure to update everything in the SDK, including the Google Driver. I turned on USB debugging, next I opened a cmd window in the platform-tools folder. I typed adb devices, the tablet asked for authorization and I allowed it, and my device showed up. I typed adb reboot bootloader( i know I can go straight to recovery, but I went to the bootloader regardless), I put the tablet in recovery, typed adb sideload [unnecessarily long file name].zip, and I got "error: device was not found". So, I booted the devices up, checked to make sure USB Debugging was enabled, it was. I tested with adb devices again, it showed up. I went into recovery again, only this time I did adb devices again, and no device.

I have spend hours scavenging the internet, I did the whole device manager install the Google driver thing in Win7, I installed some Microsoft user thing, I uninstalled the Google driver and reinsalled it using both the device manager and Wugz, I even downloaded and installed all 3 driver options in Wugz. Every-time, the device shows up in adb until I reboot into recovery. What am I doing wrong? I've done this before ( Nexus 4 and Nexus 10) I just don't have access to my old PC.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what to suggest. It might be a driver issue with Windows. Like drivers might not be fully recognized by the OS.

From an AOSP M8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csample32