add themes

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I installed EB01 debloated/deodexed+Froyo+CW no issues. I tried add the
Super Dark V2 theme and it keeps getting hung up on the Verizon logo.
I get in recovery Blue using Rom manager and use update.zip to get into CW red to find the theme file on SD card. Click on the downloaded theme file and it completes.
I tried another theme and it does the same thing. I can restore my ROM and
everything is back to normal. Just can't install any themes.
Probably doing something wrong, any suggestions?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I installed EB01 debloated/deodexed+Froyo+CW no issues. I tried add the
Super Dark V2 theme and it keeps getting hung up on the Verizon logo.
I get in recovery Blue using Rom manager and use update.zip to get into CW red to find the theme file on SD card. Click on the downloaded theme file and it completes.
I tried another theme and it does the same thing. I can restore my ROM and
everything is back to normal. Just can't install any themes.
Probably doing something wrong, any suggestions?

cant do themes on a stock rom. you need to go with sc 2.4.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
As long as the ROM is deodexed you can use a theme...

How long are you waiting for it to boot before you give up? Anytime you flash a theme (or anything for that matter) the first boot will take longer than normal

GrainOsand

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
You can use any deodexed. Adrenalynes debloated EB01 is deodexed and worked great for me With multiple themes you can also use the full deodexed EB01 leak. With that said I have recently switched to superclean w/midnight theme and TW on the advice of gunnermike and I must say its the best ive used so far. I didnt op for voodoo cause I never had an issue with lag. Its really a matter of choice but as long as its deodexed you will be ok with themes. Also if you plan on using boot animations then go with superclean 2.4 as it now supports custom boots. Its very nice.

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the tips everyone. I had used deodexed EB01 but still couldn't get themes to install. So not sure whats wrong there. May go ahead and try superclean 2.4 and see if that works any better.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've used themes plenty of times with stock, odexed ROMS. The only thing you don't get is added power menu options which does require a deodexed system. Nothing else within the theme seemed to be effected and they always worked perfectly. Back on DL09, I had my Fascinate, with the stock odexed ROM that I debloated myself, running Blackmod Enhanced and my girlfriends running nitsuj17's Purple Theme. Her's is currently on EB01 deodexed with REVOlution v3 and mine just has some framework mods as I haven't found a theme I like yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anderson1996