Addressing The One/S4 "Bias" At Android Central

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Let's get these guys a boxing ring and a some gloves. Then we can all move on with our lives talking about phones instead of semantics or guessing motives and intentions.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So, you trolled in your first reply to the first thread you linked, honestly....

Kevin, calling someone a troll is against community rules:

Explanation of Infractions
Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.

Just FYI

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I retracted and do apologize for blaming Jerry since he admitted to not being a regular. You on the other hand should've known better or if you knew what would happen shouldnt be surprised and now complain about it. Shall we keep going?

All I said was "don't blame Jerry for the flaming and arguing" in that thread (maybe not an EXACT quote, but close enough). The people doing the flaming should feel bad, but probably don't.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Kevin, calling someone a troll is against community rules:

Explanation of Infractions
Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.

Just FYI

It's ok, Kevin and I have that kind of relationship where we are free to troll each other. ;)

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
If you would've told me a thread would be created involving Phil, Jerry, Kevin, and every One/S4 fanboy on the forums, I'd have guessed the thread would be locked by lunch.

I hope this thread never goes away.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I retracted and do apologize for blaming Jerry since he admitted to not being a regular. You on the other hand should've known better or if you knew what would happen shouldnt be surprised and now complain about it. Shall we keep going?

There was no need to apologize to me. I like (and prefer) straight shooting while having discussion that's bound to be unpleasant. I try to give it right back.

Tell me what you think so I know, instead of making me guess :)

To be clear -- there are rules here that I have to try and enforce. I don't agree with some of them on a personal level, but understand why they are in place. I don't think anyone in this particular thread has stepped over the line, because this is the thread where that line should be defined and pushed. I have a feeling that not everyone will agree with me, but the world would suck if everyone agreed with me :)

patelkedar91

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have first hand knowledge that this statement is factual! Lol!

The main problem here is that the s4 didn't live up to the hype, that in fact the one is every bit as good, and in some cases better than the s4! I find android centrals reviews on both phones to be honest! They obviously weren't paid off by Samsung, like some posters here!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
Pretty sure Samsung isn't paying people here.
If anything, it seems the opposite for me.

I mean the S4 forum had HTC One users coming in to say, "Yeah lots of lag - really unbearable. Returning S4 to get HTC One" for a full week or two when the phone was released.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Please post this in the update thread. I'd like to see the reaction this brings since you'd be telling people to stop being happy about the improved performance they're seeing because of the off chance that you're right and the uncounted number of people who own the device are wrong. You know, because who wants people to be happy with their phones, right?

If this could get more amusing, I'd be surprised.

Putting words in my mouth again. Does that give you joy? Phil listed the changelog. That's what Samsung has officially said has been fixed. That's all I said. Nothing else. Nothing about not liking or enjoying the phone. Geez.

Have you been able to find a different changelog that states what Samsung has done to improve performance? Just like ALL THE OTHER THREADS that we've had this discussion in, that's what I'm interested in. I want it to get fixed, just like you. According to Samsung, as of right now, it hasn't been addressed in any updates. But like every other time, if NEW information comes out that wasn't available at the time this comment was written, then my comment will no longer apply.

^^^See, really sad that I need to put that disclaimer in there.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
There was no need to apologize to me. I like (and prefer) straight shooting while having discussion that's bound to be unpleasant. I try to give it right back.

Tell me what you think so I know, instead of making me guess :)

To be clear -- there are rules here that I have to try and enforce. I don't agree with some of them on a personal level, but understand why they are in place. I don't think anyone in this particular thread has stepped over the line, because this is the thread where that line should be defined and pushed. I have a feeling that not everyone will agree with me, but the world would suck if everyone agreed with me :)

Yes it would.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Lol. Always a catch, right? :) BTW, I start about 6:15 a.m. and wrap up around 11 p.m. That cool?

Sounds kind of like my job (up until very recently) even without A|C. When you've got employees scattered from Chicago to Bangalore, with two continents in between, the days get long.

Give me all the freebies, and yeah, it's cool. :)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What did they do to improve performance? Maybe the changelog will get updated? Hopefully?

I mean, the changelog is what it is. It's what Samsung said they changed, really. So now you're arguing with what samsung said they did, not me.

Changelogs are often far from complete, and you must certainly understand that. For Samsung to state in the changelog that the "stuttering" has been eliminated would be to admit there was a problem in the first place, which they're not likely to do. I know that for both my prior HTC phone, and my current Samsung phone (neither a ONE nor an S4, btw), the changelogs are often woefully incomplete.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I am so glad I didn't know about the s4 and HTC one when I picked up my DNA. Whew. This is some intense crap. Personally, I think they are both amazing phones. My husband has a note 2 and is looking forward to the updates that will give him some functions from the s4. I have a droid DNA and am dying for the sense 5 update (with 4.2, please!). I can look at both phones and pin point pros and cons, but luckily I am one that doesn't have to decide between the two :)

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

patelkedar91

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Changelogs are often far from complete, and you must certainly understand that. For Samsung to state in the changelog that the "stuttering" has been eliminated would be to admit there was a problem in the first place, which they're not likely to do. I know that for both my prior HTC phone, and my current Samsung phone (neither a ONE nor an S4, btw), the changelogs are often woefully incomplete.
Don't they usually say something about "improved performance" and whatnot?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

It's also far from unheard of to have the generic "performance improvements" or "bug fixes" thrown in there as a bullet point.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Don't they usually say something about "improved performance" and whatnot?

It's also far from unheard of to have the generic "performance improvements" or "bug fixes" thrown in there as a bullet point.

The point, though, is that just because something isn't in a changelog doesn't mean it wasn't changed. Which I think there is ample evidence from every manufacturer and carrier to support.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Since we're determined to talk about S4 lag in a thread about something else, here's a question for everyone.

Why is it such a big deal? There are tricks floating around that can make it very minimal, even keeping the gallery tidy helps the worst instance. And does anyone think Samsung is going to ignore it and not fix it? Come on...

Blowing it out of proportion only gets more people wanting to tear each other's throats out across the Internet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000