ads on home screen

Magic Hat

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
GS4 running 4.2.2

I have been getting pop ups on my phone for about a week, since 'buzz launcher' was installed (she was cute, and I was drinking, smh....). I have uninstalled this app, but the pop ups remain unchanged.
There are 2 types of 'pop ups'. One is a punk and black box in the center of my screen, telling me my battery is low of phone is slow or whatever. (I grabbed a screen shot, working on uploading). The other flashes my browser up for a second, then the play store opens to an app for me to download. The app varies, but it's usually some dating or messaging service.
I have tried using 'Ad Network Detector' And 'AirPush detector', but neither work as this is not creating a notification.

Any thoughts as to what is doing this? Any other security type apps I could use to track it down?

Matt_Zenick

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
GS4 running 4.2.2

I have been getting pop ups on my phone for about a week, since 'buzz launcher' was installed (she was cute, and I was drinking, smh....). I have uninstalled this app, but the pop ups remain unchanged.
There are 2 types of 'pop ups'. One is a punk and black box in the center of my screen, telling me my battery is low of phone is slow or whatever. (I grabbed a screen shot, working on uploading). The other flashes my browser up for a second, then the play store opens to an app for me to download. The app varies, but it's usually some dating or messaging service.
I have tried using 'Ad Network Detector' And 'AirPush detector', but neither work as this is not creating a notification.

Any thoughts as to what is doing this? Any other security type apps I could use to track it down?

if you are rooted download Download AdBlock Plus for free from the Google Play Store it works great

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz