After 2 mos with Galaxy watch

Caller24

Nov 6, 2018
Visit site
Have the 42mm Galaxy watch, and the bottom line is that I'm very pleased with it, especially as the temptation to keep trying new watchfaces is fading. 👌. Have been through the various update, reboot, and wrist strap adjustments.

There are two residual items still to solve.

The first is that it doesn't register much, if any, deep sleep. I'm confident that this is an error, but this doesn't worry me. Others seem to have the same experience. Step count works well as far as I can tell, although I haven't counted thousands of them. The number increases if I exercise more, and decreases if I'm slacking.
The day to day trends are correct 🤔. Heart rate recording is OK.

The second is the more irritating. The 9 o'clock orange dot indicating notifications is hard to remove. In fact, I've still to discover to exactly what it is linked. Careful review of notification settings hasn't helped. I rarely get messages, so that's not the issue. Removing red email notifications doesn't always do the trick. It would be nice to get rid of the orange dot with one maneuver, but I haven't discovered it.

JWhales

Dec 25, 2018
Visit site
It's linked to the fact that there are Notifications on the screens to the left. It should go away if you turn to these screen. You can have it disabled somewhere in the Display settings.

JWhales

Dec 25, 2018
Visit site
"Notifications on the screen to the left."
Sounds as though you are talking about the phone,not the watch?

No, on the watch: Rotate the bezel counter clockwise or swipe across the screen to the right. Once on the Notification screens, you can swipe up to remove/delete the notifications, or delete all of them once you get to the left-most screen.

At least on my watch and phone, the Notifications on the watch and that on the phone is always in-sync: if I remove them from the phone, they disappear from the watch, and vise-versa.

Notice that this is from the Watch Face screen. For some notifications, such as text and email, they may arrive on the watch "Opened" in the app on the watch, in which case the screen they arrived in is the app screen, not the actual notification screen. They may not be able to be dismissed from there. You'll need to go back to the Watch Face screen to see the actual notifications. But by default, that app screen should be displayed for 20 seconds, even after the screen go black.

Yes, very confusion:(.

Last edited:

Caller24

Nov 6, 2018
Visit site
This is very interesting, and I suspect that I've got there before by just touching the message on the screen. It sounds as though one shouldn't delete an email on the watch and expect it to still be there on the phone?

JWhales

Dec 25, 2018
Visit site
This is very interesting, and I suspect that I've got there before by just touching the message on the screen. It sounds as though one shouldn't delete an email on the watch and expect it to still be there on the phone?

If you are on the Notification screens (from the Watch Face screen) and "delete" the notifications, they will just be cleared/dismissed, the messages itself would not be deleted. However, if you are on the opened message screen in the app on the watch and delete the message, the message would be deleted from the inbox on the phone (Text message would be deleted), just like you delete a message on the phone. The easiest way to determine which screen you are on is to look for the three dots to the right of the screen. If it has three dots, then you are in the App with the message opened, Otherwise, it's in the Notification screen. Also, in general the screen with opened message has much more contents and you can scroll down. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness