After Swimming with my Galaxy S8 phone it shows rainbow color screen 2 days then completely blackout

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

A few days ago when i swimming i take a picture with my S8 then I back home it still working. But after a few hours it shutdown then when I try to open it later it shows me rainbow color screen. But 2 days later it completely blackout. Still, it turns on and notification coming. Is there any solution please help me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's water damage. Remember, the IP68 rating is NOT a waterproof guarantee. IP68 ratings are based on very strictly controlled testing using plain water (not salt or chlorinated water), without high pressure, and without any possibility of prior damage (like small cracks that might develop from trauma you may not even have been aware of).

Unfortunately, this kind of damage is not covered under warranty. Take it to a repair shop, but be prepared to find possible water damage of other components as well.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And "pressure" means even as little as holding the phone while treading water. IP68 is a water resistance to 2.14 psi. Moving the phone through water slowly generates at least 5 psi, far exceeding the rating. If you put the phone down on its screen on a wet table it won't get damaged. It it rains ans water runs off your head onto the phone it probably won't get damaged.

But swimming with the phone? At this point, I'd guess (from years of experience repairing phones) that you need a new phone. Replacing the screen, motherboard and any other electronics in the phone would cost a lot more than a gently used S8, or even than a new S10.