After the latest update, why has my tilt to wake screen stopped working and the battery is much worse?

dtfamily

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
After latest update, tilt to wake screen not working, and battery is much worse

Hi, after updating a week ago or so to the latest version on my Gear Live watch, and updating the software on my LG-G3 phone, I've noticed 2 new problems:
- my watch will not light up when I twist my wrist, whether I have the "tilt to wake screen" option on or off. My watch will not light up unless I touch the screen. No, it isn't in theater mode where the screen goes off completely.
- my battery used to go all day without any problems (15-20% left at 11pm)- now it is sucking air and shutting off around 9-10pm

Anyone else having these issues? I'd really like to get it back to working correctly.

Thanks!

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: After latest update, tilt to wake screen not working, and battery is much worse

I had that same issue a couple weeks ago. Screen would not activate consistently when I turned my wrist, and battery only lasted to mid afternoon.

My fix: I powered the watch down and haven't used it since. Android Wear is just too frustrating to be useful for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jesse Dietderich

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: After latest update, tilt to wake screen not working, and battery is much worse

Have you "Reset" your watch since the update?

I had issues after an update once, and doing a "Reset" (not "Restart") fixed my problem.

dtfamily

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site

Hii Jesse, as a last resort, that's what I did last night, but still no go. Now this morning, it drained completely in about 3 hours. My next step is to do another reset, uninstall wear on my phone, and start from scratch; but I was wondering if anyone else had come up with an easier route than doing it all over again... Thanks for your suggestion!

keithdroid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I am having the same issue, not waking when tilting wrist, but I thought it was from me accidentally banging it on a door at work last week. Now that you said it happened after the update that could be what happened to mine too. I banged it pretty good though, hard enough to scratch a small part of the paint off the side. Interested to see if anyone else has this problem.

dtfamily

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Here's my update. I tried the reset on both, and tilt to light still wasn't working. Called Samsung support to no solution. Am sending the watch back to Samsung for warranty repair/replacement. :(

dtfamily

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi, yes I called them and told them the steps I took (thankfully they didn't make me go through them all again), and they said to send it in. They sent me an email w/ the shipping label, I sent it to them, a few days later they said they were replacing it, and a few days later I had the new watch. Less than 10 days in total I think, and you could track the progress all along the way. I was quite impressed... :)

Good luck with your watch!