Air Command greyed out after Marshmallow update

badgerfrisch

May 15, 2011
Visit site
A factory reset will keep it on Android 6.0.1 (or whatever the number actually was). I had this issue (and with IHeartRadio forcing the phone to restart) and the factory reset solved those issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

iFikoo

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Suggesting in the event the following hasn't been tried.

Settings\S Pen\Pen detachment\Detachment options has choices for "Air command", "Action memo", or "None".

Maybe somehow "None" was set?

Really thank uuuuuuu it works u r genius Trees

Flip Sy

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Found a solution!

- remove s pen

go to
Accessibility
Dexterity and Interaction
Universal Switch (turn it on then select add switch)
Select Accessories then hover the s pen and click the button.

Works like a charm for me.

392ujj

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Found a solution!

- remove s pen

go to
Accessibility

It doesn't work on mine. I also have this problem that when I try to open my messages it always says that "Unfortunately messages had stop" something like that. Please really need help only got my phone for like 1 week😭😭😭

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Oh Boy! I'm kind of glad I didn't get the Marshmallow update yet [T-Mobile]
I use my Air Command constantly. I would be lost without it.

Ahmad R Beigi

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
got marshmallow updates yesterday. Galaxy note 5. No Air command! Lost without it

Air command no longer works when I take the s pen out. If I go into settings, air command is greyed out and won't let me turn it on. Any suggestions?

The "Air command" is missing from Settings\S Pen\Pen detachment\Detachment. It has 2 options "Action memo", and "None".
Any Suggestions

Last edited:

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't work on mine. I also have this problem that when I try to open my messages it always says that "Unfortunately messages had stop" something like that. Please really need help only got my phone for like 1 week😭😭😭

Try this, it might help the grayed out issue. I can't really try it as i do not have this problem,

Settings > lockscreen and security > other security settings > clear credentials.

Hope it works :)

Ahmad R Beigi

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
got marshmallow updates yesterday. Galaxy note 5. No Air command! Lost without it

Air command no longer works when I take the s pen out. If I go into settings, air command is greyed out and won't let me turn it on and also:

The "Air command" is missing from Settings\S Pen\Pen detachment\Detachment. It has 2 options "Action memo", and "None".

Settings > lockscreen and security > other security settings > clear credentials has also been disabled and gray

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site

Air command no longer works when I take the s pen out. If I go into settings, air command is greyed out and won't let me turn it on and also:

Settings > lockscreen and security > other security settings > clear credentials has also been disabled and gray
Are you using any package disabling software?

rajswamy

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't work on mine. I also have this problem that when I try to open my messages it always says that "Unfortunately messages had stop" something like that. Please really need help only got my phone for like 1 week������������������

try this
go to settings/accessibility /vision /voice assistant /on
used it for few minutes in that setting
than restarted the phone
than put voice assistant to off
voila air command started working

Last edited by a moderator:

Indianjaffer

May 3, 2016
Visit site
try this
than restarted the phone

Thank you rajswamy.

It works.

Got back air command on my Note 5. Had the greyed out problem since Marshmallow update.

Teddy1551

May 6, 2016
Visit site
try this
than restarted the phone

Hi.. thought it was a joke!! Apparently it works.. Well done!! rajswamy..

Got the samsung update for marshmallows pop up on 5th may 2016 (Singapore) and the air command got grey out after the update. (Did Samsung do a QC test) call up samsung service centre and did a smart tutor support.. failed to find source of problem. Ask me to backup and send in. :(

Lucky with the power of technology found this place.. try all methods but fails.. voila.. rajswamy method works for me.. Thank you for saving my time queuing and waiting for Samsung support.

suzi megan

May 7, 2016
Visit site
Air command no longer works when I take the s pen out. If I go into settings, air command is greyed out and won't let me turn it on. Any suggestions ?
Thanks

I hve this problem too but I could not resolve it. I think sumsung will do it via new updates like before problems.

nahamya

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Found a solution!

- remove s pen

go to
Accessibility

worked

thanks a lot :-*

how you find this ?:)

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Found a solution!

- remove s pen

go to
Accessibility

This method didn't work for my T-Mobile Note 5