Air Gestures not working at all

varunaggarwal

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Doing it now... under Gesture Sensor > Crosstalk it shows "Direction : No Detecting" then I'll press Start and have no idea what these results mean haha
under Direction, it says No Direction... when I press Start, nothing happens.

Not even sure what I should be looking for haha

when u do cross talk u have to wave ur hand above the sensor it changes colour and tells u in which direction u made the gesture...

MooseOnaHill

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
after you navigate to the motions and gestures option under settings, in addition to turning on the air gesture option, click it (tap); that will open new options such as air jump, air browse etc. theyll be off , turn them to on and there you go.

naikow

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
In your phone (dial) type *#0*#

in the screen, push SENSOR
close the keyboard
push DIRECTION under GESTURE SENSOR and try it

My also don't work.. Stop two weeks ago.. :-/

kurt caldwell

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Im in the same boat all the boxes in the air gesture thing is ticked.when i go to the how to thing to use quick glance it automatically pops up without me even moving my hands over the sensor.I tried the *#0*# and when i go move my hand across the screen number come up like first it was around 250,251 and now its at like 160.I tried everything and my air gesture doesnt seem to work could it be the proximity/gesture sensor

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Well i dont know if its a known issue but(its known to me) but if u have an otterbox defender on the case messes with the proximity sensor as do any case surrounding the sensor.

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

GWILKS

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had a defender on since the second I got it at the Verizon store, and never a problem here with sensors

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

mr_wendal

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriend was having similar issues. The guy at AT&T took out the battery and put it back in and it worked again at the store. Got home and it stopped. She has a case, but it doesn't cover the front. She also has a screen protector, but it has holes for every sensor. I'm planning to put a new screen protector on tomorrow, so I'll try to remember to see if using it naked helps. Doesn't make sense since pulling the battery fixed it, though.

astralis

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
If you're like me, you'll end up turning off that feature anyhow.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're like me, you'll end up turning off that feature anyhow.

mahler9

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I've got Galaxy S4 from Verizon and the Air gestures have never worked. I enabled, disable, re-enabled several times and nothing ever happens. I'm more curious than upset, since I doubt I'd use them, but I wanted to try them at least once. No idea why this is, the phone works well otherwise

Mark Jones9

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Ngyuyenning/All,
I was having the same trouble on the screen shot gesture and surfed for an answer with lots of people complaining about the same problem. Finally I found the tip that works for me -- you need to let you hand physically touch the edge of the screen when you swipe it. Like you are gently wiping dust or water off the entire screen. Mine works now! It absolutely doesn't work if I don't touch it. Not quite "gesture" control, but maybe it will avoid a bunch of unintended screen shots. Give that a try!

Shai1113

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
MooseOnaHill was right on the money! Finally got it to work. When in air gestures in settings tap on it to choose when/how you want it to work, ie. Eb browser etc. Thanks MooseOnaHill !!

Shai1113

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
after you navigate to the motions and gestures option under settings, in addition to turning on the air gesture option, click it (tap); that will open new options such as air jump, air browse etc. theyll be off , turn them to on and there you go.
MooseOnaHill was right on the money! Finally got it to work. When in air gestures in settings tap on it to choose when/how you want it to work, ie. Eb browser etc. *Thanks MooseOnaHill !!

ali israr

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I can't get Air Gestures to work... at all

I've gone into all the settings and turned everything on. Yes, even the settings within the settings (Settings > My Device > Motions and Gestures > Air Gesture > Quick Glance, Air Jump, etc...)
I've even restarted, taken battery out, etc...

Everything is set to On but no luck. Even when I go to each one and select 'Try it', it doesn't even work then!

Could my sensor be broken? Seems strange...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam_274