All my apps disappeared! How do I fix this?

aoutrance

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hello. Last night I put my phone (running Lollipop 5.0) on "Ultimate Power Saving Mode" as I was away from my charger and I wanted to make sure it didn't somehow die before my alarm went off. When I exited that mode this morning, all my apps were gone, both on the "desktop" and in the app drawer. I have restarted the phone as well as turned it off and left it off for 20 minutes, to no avail.

Going to Application Manager shows that they somehow still exist on the phone, but they're all under "Turned Off" with no option whatsoever to turn them back on. Basic apps (clock, contacts, phone) still work as well as Chrome and Nova Launcher, but the Google Play app is no longer available to me. Attempting to uninstall any apps under the Application Manager does nothing - I tap "Uninstall" and it darkens like it's been selected, but does nothing.

Attempting to open links from Chrome that would normally open/ask to open in the app (YouTube, Tumblr, Twitter) have only brought me to the mobile page of these sites. Clicking "open in app" doesn't work either.

Help! :(

aoutrance

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Restarted multiple times with no change.

Edit: Apparently resetting the app preferences in the Application Manager somehow fixed the issue? I won't pretend like I understand why that worked.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Restarted multiple times with no change.

Edit: Apparently resetting the app preferences in the Application Manager somehow fixed the issue? I won't pretend like I understand why that worked.

No idea why that worked either, but thanks for posting the follow up.