All of a sudden Can't send pictures from my gallery through Go Sms Pro

A

AC Question

Can't send pictures from Go Sms Pro, keeps telling me photo outdated. 3 smday limit to send. However I can send the same pic through the phones default messaging app. Can someone help please. Have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about Go anymore but I've had a similar issue with Handcent. With Handcent it was that they wanted you to buy their service. They would let you send 3 or 4 pics and then try to get you to buy the service.

More traditionally issues like this were caused by a lack of resources. If you had a few thousand SMS and hundreds of MMS messages it would begin to slow down or stop sending photos. Running heavy on cache items would sometimes create this condition too. Both are easy to correct. Delete items you no longer need or if you simply must have it back them up with any of the hundreds of SMS backup apps available at the PS. Caches can often be cleared just by restarting your device regularly. If it's been a long while it could take several restarts to really clear them all. There are also apps for this at the PS.

On a side note memory booster and battery saver apps can cause issues as well. They're really not needed but people usually get scared into installing them only to later find out that they're worse than the original proven.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
On a side note memory booster and battery saver apps can cause issues as well. They're really not needed but people usually get scared into installing them only to later find out that they're worse than the original proven.
"Memory Booster" apps simply delink files in RAM that aren't being used. That's about like putting fresh air in your tires. Whether something in RAM is being used or not, if Android needs that space, it uses it. (All Android apps have to save their current state, so killing them unannounced is no big deal.)

Battery saver apps? Unless they're the "turn off unused functions" type, they're - at very best - totally useless. (Some do things you can't do manually, like Greenify, but the ones that turn functions on and off just WASTE battery. You can turn Bluetooth off without the battery power an app uses to do it.) Apps that "kill files not being used" actually cost battery. If Android wants that app running and the "battery saver" kills it, Android will just rerun it - wasting battery. (Which explains why sometimes, an app keeps coming back time after time when you think you've killed it. You may not need it, but Android does.)

Read Multitasking the Android Way - Android is really pretty well thought out.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
"Memory Booster" apps simply delink files in RAM that aren't being used. That's about like putting fresh air in your tires. Whether something in RAM is being used or not, if Android needs that space, it uses it. (All Android apps have to save their current state, so killing them unannounced is no big deal.)

Read Multitasking the Android Way - Android is really pretty well thought out.

Memory boosters are just like the killer apps you mentioned below. They disconnect items that aren't being used but use battery to monitor RAM and nothing stops the app from claiming the memory when it's set to refresh, creating a cycle of kill return kill return. Android does a fine job of managing resources all by its self these days. I mean don't take my word for it try it and watch your battery die. In the end though you've added an app taking up memory on your device, it runs needing RAM, and your device would naturally do the thing that it's doing. If you're rooted and trying to over clock it might be worth it but the average user will notice no benefit from such apps without the power to completely shut them down as when the device is rooted. I need some fresh air.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol