All-Time Favorite Flagships

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Mostly Motorola -

The in-hand feel of the original Moto X was amazing. I do think that the third gen Moto X (aka Moto X Pure Edition) was the best one of the 4 generations of that line.
Hahaha, I agree. I really miss my first gen Moto Maker Motorola Moto x. I know it wasn't so popular because they could just easily put a case on a phone. Just meant a highly customizable stock Android phone of the time. I loved my Moto x.
The OG Moto X was my first Android phone, and I loved the grippy back. It didn't need a case and felt great in the hand.

I later got the MXPE, but I still like the OG Moto X better. If they released a new version of the Moto X with current specs but the same design I'd buy one immediately.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
All the talk about Motorola reminds me of the Droid Bionic. That was my second smartphone and the only one I rooted. It was awesome for its time, built like a tank, and how I learned my disdain for OLED screens. I had tried the Razr that came out about the same time, but returned it due to a green tinted AMOLED screen that everyone tried to tell me was normal. I switched to the Bionic with an LCD and had been that way ever since until a couple weeks ago when I got the LG V60.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The OG Moto X was my first Android phone, and I loved the grippy back. It didn't need a case and felt great in the hand.

I later got the MXPE, but I still like the OG Moto X better. If they released a new version of the Moto X with current specs but the same design I'd buy one immediately.
Yeah I know which means. When I had my Moto x from Moto Maker it was great. I feel the customized and red with Orange everywhere it was a very colorful phone. However, with the cases out there, Of course there's no need to have a custom-built phone. And I'm guessing the operating cost of that website was way too much for Motorola.