All-Time Favorite Flagships

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
If you had to pick one from each favorite company you've owned to make more interesting, challenging and short. lol

Majority will be because of the design.

Huawei. I love it so much, the Twilight of course that I couldn't sell it and gave it to my Mother.

Apple. Easily the SE, obviously the first edition lol I loved it so much I bought 3 times throughout the years.

Google. The nexus 6P, still have it actually but barely working. I was going to use it for the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra but missed it. This is ironically what made Huawei, at least the phone got my attention as I never heard of them.

OnePlus. 7 Pro. That pop up camera. lol

moto. One of those phones I love that I still have it today. I gave the X Play to my Father but award goes to Z. Two words, Moto Mods. I love the JBL SoundBoost. lol

Samsung. S10+ Clearly it took them a long to finally get it. I have to go with the S series because you know what the Note will be.

Sony. I can't even remember how many Xperia I've owned. Sadly I can't remember one to say it's my favorite.

LG. They got it with the G3 and nailed it with the G4. Sad how they fell apart.

hTc. Too easy. Probably my All-Time favorite android. One M7. Besides the iPhone SE, this is the other flagship that I love so much I bought it again.

I love everything about it, I was hoping Apple would copy it. LOL

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My all time favorite flagship phone includes my current Pixel 3 XL, Motorola Moto X with Moto maker, Nexus 6, and the first Droid Maxx with it's 3300 mah battery.. these were all such streamlined designs.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
For me, the LG V20 still reigns supreme. I just got the V60, but the V20 may still beat it for an overall package.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Awesome thread. I'll pick some random manufacturers and go from there.

BlackBerry - Torch. I never had one but I truly thought the touchscreen and slide-out keyboard were phenomenal innovations at the time.

iPhone - SE. I loved my husband's and brother's SE devices. Their fingerprint scanner worked really well and their low-battery could last way longer than my Android under the same circumstances.

Huawei - Honor 8. My favorite brand from Huawei and probably one of my best ever phones. Gorgeous design, smooth and customizable OS, and a super fast fingerprint scanner. I miss using it. And the awesome thing was, I'd pull it out and people wouldn't know what it was. I love being different!

LG - G6. I think the G6 never got enough credit for its groundbreaking ratio design that actually helped change how smartphones were made. The design was gorgeous and I still want one to play with, even years later. I've always loved LG.

Google - Pixel 2. What can I say about the Pixel 2 - it was power and smoothness in a small package. The perfect phone for me. I miss using it. And I also miss that flawless camera.

Nokia - Lumia series. Again, I never had a Nokia Lumia-series phone, but the Windows tiles OS paired with that yellow design were superb.

Samsung - S8. I am choosing the S8, because that's the first time I ever looked at Samsung and thought, "I'd buy that." Ditching the physical home button - something I just didn't like on Samsung phones - was a pretty awesome move.

OnePlus - 3T. This was the model that first got me intrigued with OnePlus. I loved its durability and OnePlus' OS, not to mention the alert slider. Still wish I could try that.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Ha! In 6 years I'm on my 2nd smartphone.
S4+ still running on Kitkat
Note 10+ finally have a handheld computer that has enough fast internal memory. Using about 240 gb of it.
Unfortunately Samsung boned me with an outdated bluetooth chip (can't use most of the best lossless codecs) and no headphone jack.
The bluetooth is a big deal. Did they deliberately not future proof it? Seems so.

That said the stock At&t variant with a package blocker on it, a lot of set up is fast with long battery life... and extremely customizable.
Edge pull out plus 4-6x1-3 sidebar controls operating glitchlessly right now.
This is cool.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200417-095142_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20200417-095142_One UI Home.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 22

Kastrol

Feb 26, 2020
Visit site
I vote for the Galaxy Note 10 Plus. It will be up to date for 5 years, so I bought it without looking. Of course, it should work on a Snapdragon processor, and then Exynos is not very good. I watched a lot of comparisons with tests.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Note 4 - had everything at that point, and then some. i miss IR blasters and replaceable batteries =( That's the only phone I've had where I see any other phone and think, "naw, my phone has that", or "but can it do THIS?". i rocked that phone for 4 years with zero jealousy of any other phone.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
My favourite flagship is the S10+ and the Pixel 2XL. I had the 4XL but my husband has it now and I have his replacement 2XL. I am glad to have it to be honest. The camera is superb, it is slim and light and feels great in the hand. The S10+ is just amazing. The software experience is second to none and I like what Samsung has done with it. My mum has the Note 8 and I don't like it much. But the S10+ is a different beast.

I liked the iPhone 6s best of all the iPhones I have owned since the 4.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used every manufacturer but I will pick the phones that I loved and the features that truly wowed me!

Samsung:
Note 7(briefly ), Iris scanning, overall design, Coral blue with rose gold, speed.

Note 2 , the sheer size was so new and amazing, speed.

SPH-A680 (I believe), my 1st camera phone! Changed everything.

Apple:
iPhone 8+, battery, tank build.

Google:
Pixel 3, good hand-held design, no glitz and glamour, just basic easy functionality, great camera.

Galaxy Nexus, made by Sammy but it was a pure Android experience, my 1st Android phone and it changed my belief in what phones could do forever.

LG:
G-Flex, the phone was big , but curved... And u could bend it flat and it wouldn't crack and it self healed from light scratches on the back!

Blackberry:
Curve 8330, first phone I used a messenger app on (Yahoo and aol), keyboard, no need for a case because you could change the whole body of the phone! And of course BBM.

Palm:
Treo 600, classy looks for the time, interactive touch screen, made me feel like a Boss!

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used anything but Samsung since 2012 when I got the S3, I sold phones at Verizon for years so I was familiar with all the brands and their software but didn't care for them.

Note 4 is my favorite, had nothing to do with the ability to swap the battery either since I got all day battery life. I really liked the design, don't care for glass backs. If I could I would go back to a flat display of the old aspect ratio to make better use of the pen. I rarely use my pen on the Note8/9 due to the worthless narrow screen with curved edges.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I forgot about BlackBerry. LOL

This is what got me into the smart phone, became a CrackBerry user. LOL I used to buy Sony Ericsson "dummy" phones, using Pay As You Go. My first & favourite was Bold 9000 in 2009, I had 5 other Berries but none of can compare, especially later where they tried get away from physical keyboards. It was just a disaster where it was too little, too late for them. They didn't listen!!!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I forgot about BlackBerry. LOL

This is what got me into the smart phone, became a CrackBerry user. LOL I used to buy Sony Ericsson "dummy" phones, using Pay As You Go. My first & favourite was Bold 9000 in 2009, I had 5 other Berries but none of can compare, especially later where they tried get away from physical keyboards. It was just a disaster where it was too little, too late for them. They didn't listen!!!

Oh yes, the Bold 9000... That was a beast.

michellebjohn

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Pink Sanyo Katana (Knick off razor from sprint)
Blackberry 8703e, BlackBerry Curve 8530( could type so fast on this),HTC Evo(red and white)Galaxy s2,iPhone 4s, Note 9.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Apple: SE gen 1 because Typo keyboard case

BlackBerry: Priv because best of both worlds, genius design

Google: Pixel 3 because sleek, compact enough but needed bigger battery

Huawei: None, they're all boring and the UI is a blatant copy of iOS

LG: G5 because outside-the-box thinking with the mods

Motorola: Z series because same as LG

Nokia: E71 because yay buttons

OnePlus: OP6 because its the last to feature a headphone jack and a notification LED

Palm: Pre

Samsung: S10e because all the flagship features in a compact package making giant phones feel redundant

Sony: XZ2 Compact

TCL: KEY2

UniHertz: Titan

Xiaomi: None, all boring

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Another company that surprised me. Nokia. My second favorite dummy phone.

I guess it's because of Microsoft bought them. Never got into Windows phones, I remember buying the Samsung ATIV S which I sold after a few weeks.

As for your take on Huawei. I completely agree but thank God not only launchers but for ICON packs!

My P30 Pro with Niagara launcher. I wanted something different from Nova. I only use icons from Vertumus.

Screenshot_20200427_135326_bitpit.launcher.jpeg

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
two favorites

the original iphone, especially the attention it got when out and about. don't know the number of times I would be reading something on it sitting in a restaurant and someone would ask about it because it was so different.

the original note, large screen, stylus, and the ability to customized got me on the note series.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have too many favorites but here some

IPhone 5s/iPhone 6+

S3/S4
HTC m8
Note 9
Note 3
Pix 2xl
Nexus 5x/nexus 6p

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Mostly Motorola -

The in-hand feel of the original Moto X was amazing. I do think that the third gen Moto X (aka Moto X Pure Edition) was the best one of the 4 generations of that line.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mostly Motorola -

The in-hand feel of the original Moto X was amazing. I do think that the third gen Moto X (aka Moto X Pure Edition) was the best one of the 4 generations of that line.
Hahaha, I agree. I really miss my first gen Moto Maker Motorola Moto x. I know it wasn't so popular because they could just easily put a case on a phone. Just meant a highly customizable stock Android phone of the time. I loved my Moto x.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana