Already Rooted?

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Tweeted by @P3Droid:

"Don't forget that if you buy a razr your phone has already been rooted and instructions are forth coming..."

Reactions: philly

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
For us up-til-now non-rooters, tell us why we want to root? You haven't even seen the phone yet, so how do you know there's stuff you want to change? From what I read, this does NOT mean you can get ICS anyway...which would seem to be the main point.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is going to load it up with bloatware that you can't delete and it slows the phone down. Well, you can't remove it... Unless you root! It also allows you to make a nandroid backup. So if anything ever goes sideways you can completely recover your phone to your last backup..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
For us up-til-now non-rooters, tell us why we want to root? You haven't even seen the phone yet, so how do you know there's stuff you want to change? From what I read, this does NOT mean you can get ICS anyway...which would seem to be the main point.

ICS will be out in a supported version for the RAZR in the next few months anyway. I'm not in a rush to push it on my phone ahead of when it's fully stable.

Rooting the phone allows you to run certain apps that require superuser privs. SetCPU, which really helps battery-life while maintaining the phone's full performance capability, and Titanium Backup Pro, which lets you do full backups of any/all apps, data, etc on your phone and lets you easily remove bloatware are two of my favorites that I find almost indispensable.

-AJ

No_Smoking

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a question. If I root my phone with the provided methods above, is this something that can be reverted? (I.e. root my phone, remove a few things, then remove root access?)

rharv3#AC

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Tweeted by @P3Droid:

"Don't forget that if you buy a razr your phone has already been rooted and instructions are forth coming..."

What do you mean "already rooted"? I'm looking to buy one this summer (if I don't get that Galaxy S3!) and of course I want to continue with being rooted. I don't have to do it myself for the RAZR?!!

rharv3#AC

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a question. If I root my phone with the provided methods above, is this something that can be reverted? (I.e. root my phone, remove a few things, then remove root access?)

I think if you unroot the phone after removing bloatware then you have to reroot it to put the bloatware back on if you ever want updates from the carrier again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1