Am I the only one with a perfect 6p?

anon(9023697)

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I love my wife's 6P... I'm a Windows guy and I could move to this device for my next phone. It has all the things that I liked about the Nokia 1320 eg glace, quiet hours etc plus it has the apps.

There is one thing that is bugging me on this device as I can't seem to find a way to show a notification of say a missed call, a text, Facebook message etc on the pinned apps. Her Sony Xperia Z running KitKat 4.4 use to show a number on the pinned app for these notifications (Similar to iOS). Is there any way to show this in Marshmallow 6.0?

Cheers Adam

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No issues here, I'm loving my 6P.

The hardware is perfect but as another member stated, Google needs to step up and work on the notification light issue. That's a minor issue, now that I found a third party app that works, but I mean come on, voicemail notification light was not built into Marshmallow?

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Did you notice the good battery right away, or did it have to settle?

Posted via the Android Central App

Pretty much right away for me, although I did have an app update that kept the phone awake about a week after that needed to be uninstalled to let the phone doze again.

Sent from the Comm Center of the Ingata

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I love my wife's 6P... I'm a Windows guy and I could move to this device for my next phone. It has all the things that I liked about the Nokia 1320 eg glace, quiet hours etc plus it has the apps.

There is one thing that is bugging me on this device as I can't seem to find a way to show a notification of say a missed call, a text, Facebook message etc on the pinned apps. Her Sony Xperia Z running KitKat 4.4 use to show a number on the pinned app for these notifications (Similar to iOS). Is there any way to show this in Marshmallow 6.0?

Cheers Adam

Notification badges are something manufacturers add when they put their touches on stock Android. The easiest way to get them is with an alternative launcher (such as Nova Launcher with the Tesla Unread plug in).

Sent from the Comm Center of the Ingata

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I love the phone, but for the life of me, I can't get System UI Tuner enabled. No matter if I hold the cog down, it won't work. I wonder if it's my screen protector, or something? I've tried numerous times to no avail.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I love the phone, but for the life of me, I can't get System UI Tuner enabled. No matter if I hold the cog down, it won't work. I wonder if it's my screen protector, or something? I've tried numerous times to no avail.

Weird, that was the first thing I did. I didn't have a screen protector on for the first week, but I just tried it now and it asked if I wanted to remove it, so I don't know what to tell you. Have you tried talking with Google support? I'd recommend either that or as a last resort a factory reset.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Finally, someone giving the Nexus 6P some positive energy. Running flawlessly since day one.

Posted via Nexus 128GB Beast

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
My 6p is been great too... The only issue that I ran into once in awhile was screen rotation would get stuck upside down once in awhile. But since the 6.0.1 update I haven't seen this issue. I haven't had any problems with Bluetooth either..
with my bluetooth speaker or Bluetooth headset or Bluetooth calling in my vehicle all have been great.

I absolutely love how smooth and fast this phone is and the fact that I already have 6.0.1.

pamelany80

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I have zero issues with my phone minus the 6.0 bugs which were fixed with 6.0.1. I was certain something would be defective after reading the forums but nothing wrong for a month now.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The biggest thing about forums is that people come here to find answers to issues they might be having and if it's working fine then no posting about it.

Nexus 6P

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
People don't usually post to forums to say "everything is great" so I'd not extrapolate complaints on forums beyond that, complaints on forums.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No you are not the only one, and also every device forum will always be filled with complaints. This is not specific to 6P, just visit any device forum the threads look the same including yours asking am I the only one enjoying this phone :)

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
From a hardware perspective, my 6P is perfect. I've had minor software issues but those are few and far between. Definitely the best Android phone I've had. I'm using a glass screen protector and a Spigen Thin case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teneika lee