Amazon Preorders....

decke003

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
All they took was my information. I didn't even have to buy the $50 gift card that is supposedly required.

It was really sad too... some guy was there picking up his phone and all I could do was sit there and watch it go.

Reactions: Anthonicia

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
All they took was my information. I didn't even have to buy the $50 gift card that is supposedly required.

It was really sad too... some guy was there picking up his phone and all I could do was sit there and watch it go.

That really sucks man. Arghh, I would smack the smile off the guy's face. I hate that I made the wrong decision with my pre-order and I blame it on youeth! Lol!

Stupid right decision guy at best buy thinking he's big shat.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: decke003

dgeorge318

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
E-mail response I got...

I am sorry for the delay in your order.

We don't know when the HTC EVO LTE 4G Android Phone will be available for purchase again. We have received a notice of a partial release from customs for the phones. These released phones are going to physical store first before going to any online seller.

While we receive new inventory often, it's difficult for us to predict when a specific product will be available. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and encourage you to check back periodically to review the availability for this product.

We hope to see you again soon.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't believe they know what they're talking about.

One of them told me the phone was still held up at customs yesterday.

Rydah805

The Rapper
May 20, 2011
Visit site
The way it should be is pre-orders are shipped out totally unrelated to the national launch date. Why are we waiting for every little retailer to get EVO LTE's and hold them until launch? No, we pre-ordered just like best buy and sprint peeps.

If my phone ships out same day as national launch day and I can go to a local store and buy it before I get my phone in the mail I am returning it. I pre-ordered to have it before the majority of people, not to be dead last.

I agree. I pre ordered in store for Sprint, and think It's ridiculous that I haven't even been emailed or called to even let me know about the initial delay.

Sent From My Half Dead HTC Evo 3D, On The Now Network From Virgin Mobile?

MthII

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This guy on twitter tweeted InsideSprintNow and said that his date was changed from July 5th to the 9th!!!!

Mine was changed from the 5th to the 6th after Amazon altered the order to give me free one day shipping... Lol, frustrating

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I sure think we wont be geting outr phones till there is a launch date given and then they will be shipped to us that day , arriving to us a day or days later as thecase may be . Don't sound real sexy. It kind of kills the excitement and specialness of a lauch day phone . I guess we will just have to count the dollars we saved to make us feel better.....

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Order from best buy right now and get an estimated shipping date of 5/30 and to your house by June 4th! Yes, that's June, not July. FU amazon. Never ordering thru them again.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The way it should be is pre-orders are shipped out totally unrelated to the national launch date. Why are we waiting for every little retailer to get EVO LTE's and hold them until launch? No, we pre-ordered just like best buy and sprint peeps.

If my phone ships out same day as national launch day and I can go to a local store and buy it before I get my phone in the mail I am returning it. I pre-ordered to have it before the majority of people, not to be dead last.

Reactions: Rydah805

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid to cancel this BS pre-order and order from Best Buy. What is their June 4th date is not for real? Then I'll end up waiting even longer. I'm pissed. Amazon Wireless will never get my business again.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid to cancel this BS pre-order and order from Best Buy. What is their June 4th date is not for real? Then I'll end up waiting even longer. I'm pissed. Amazon Wireless will never get my business again.

Naw, keep the Amazon order and order from best buy. See who ships first and cancel the other.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If u have the $ try ordering from best buy online. I figure since they already shipped some to its customers then they are likely to do it just as quick when they get more pre-orders.

I also ordered one from Sprint, but I'm kinda hoping best buy or Amazon wireless comes first so I can save $50. Granted I may have to return a couple phones it is worth it for me to play 3 hands to guarantee I get it ASAP.

Good luck everybody!

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
So another slap in the face... I ordered stuff from Amazon Thursday and it arrives today. I thought it was through USPS but its Fedex... So if they had got my phone in yesterday, I could have had it today due to overnight delivery. :( Boo.

Edit: Package just came too with a big ole fat Saturday Delivery sticker on there. I hate AW, this could have been my phone.

Last edited:

devlbasher

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to a manager at amazon wireless last night and basically told her that my frustration (and that of those on the message boards) is because there is ZERO chance that amazon is giving us all the info they have. SOMEONE knows where are phones are, and we just want SOME kind of update, even if its not an expected ship date. Fwiw, she didn't make it seem like they were waiting on a release date...she said she could see the inventories of the two warehouses that would be used to ship them, and both had nothing in stock. Just FYI

dgeorge318

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I don't have a clue. I shouldn't be upset with the preordering process as much as I am. But getting the alert that the other item has been delayed almost every day is very annoying to me.

I replied to the e-mail and asked for further clarification and made mention of the taunting e-mails that are being sent for a phone charger that I honestly don't give a ... about. I may just cancel the order and go elsewhere. This is the first time I've done a phone upgrade online. I buy a ton of crap from Amazon and figured their wireless would have had the same competencies that the other departments had.

Obviously I was wrong.

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I received this from Amazon via email after I responded to their survey..... I think I'm gonna go pre-order @Best Buy. Sprint won't accept a pre-order in store or online.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Kiesha,

My name is Sarah and I'm providing a response to your recent inquiry.

I'm terribly sorry for the delay in your shipment. As you know, this particular phone has been held in customs and it's difficult to predict when this specific product will be available in AmazonWireless inventory. As soon as we receive more inventory, we will certainly update your order with a more accurate delivery date. I know that this is disappointing news and I completely understand the frustration you may feel.

The shipping method on your order has been updated to One-Day Delivery; when the phone is available, we'll be able to ship it to you as fast as possible.

Also due to the inconveniences you have experienced, I've issued a $20.00 promotional certificate to your Amazon.com account, which you can use the next time you order an item sold by Amazon.com. I know that this may not entirely compensate for the situation, however, I hope this help serves as a step to restore your faith in AmazonWireless.

The promotional certificate doesn't apply to items offered by other sellers on the Amazon.com website and won't cover the shipping costs of an order. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next qualifying order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit the Amazon.com Help pages:

Link

Please know that we value all our customers highly and appreciate your business. We also appreciate your feedback on this issue.

If you have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. We are always here to help. Our customer service associates can be reached at 877-429-8502 every day between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. central time.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences. It was my pleasure to assist you today with your order and to issue you this promotional certificate.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Sarah
AmazonWireless: Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, and Accessories

Reactions: Anthonicia

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Keep the order alive just in case a miracle happens and sprint sends amazon the next shipment of phones. They may actually do this since best buy already got a shipment.

Hate to see u get screwed doubly by Amazon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao